CA, Chatham, ON | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 10625
Your development of your wind career is crucial to not only your growth but also that of the Service Department. Obtain your goals by assisting us maintain ours.
With new experiences on different platforms, new teams, interaction with customers, and the additional opportunity to be able to share your advanced turbine knowledge to assist other sites, you will be able to continue to develop your Wind Technician future. As you know, Vestas is the global leader in the wind industry, and we are eager to support you continue to grow with us.
Sales/SBU/AME/North America Services
The Service Technician II role is to maintain and troubleshoot complex hydraulic and electrical controls circuits to maintain a wind turbine. The customer relies on our safe work practices, technical understanding, teamwork, leadership and fiscal stewardship to maintain the turbines in their best condition to generate power at the lowest overall cost.
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Demonstrate and promote integrity, solid initiative, a no-compromise focus on safety, and quality of work on a continuous basis and may assist with or perform basic quality audits of less experienced staff
- Perform intermediate level wind turbine maintenance or installation tasks as assigned, and document tasks where required and enters data into company system (e.g. SAP)
- Effectively gather information regarding turbine performance / issues.
- Follow basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge) and with limited to no supervision initiate and perform most work tasks, as well as follow defined instructions and maintenance schedules, carrying out plans as directed, and perform according to written and verbal instruction from higher level technical staff
- Interface with customer and may respond to customer inquiries
- Willingness to embrace and promote Vestas’ commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum one (1) year advanced technical/trouble shooting wind industry experience, OR in absence of technical wind industry experience, minimum three (3) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical skills or composite skills
- Ability to constantly climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, handle items up to 50 lbs in weight
- Comfort constantly working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation)
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Passport
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet-based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data and ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
- Internal candidates must be certified to Task-Based Certification (TBC) level 200
- Visibly support and promote change initiatives and team spirit and collaboration as well as creatively look for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicate through appropriate channels or implement improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Solid attention to detail and execution excellence and good social and customer relation skills as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction
- Ability to work in a respirator, including passing a respirator medical evaluation and fit test (required to be clean shaven)
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully-funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located near Chatham, Ontario and may require up to 20% travel per year.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.