CA, Halkirk | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 9995
Working as a Service Technician for the leader in wind: Spend your day in a thrilling, yet safe environment working on turbines for the leader of the industry.
Sales/SBU AME/North America Services
The Service Technician role is to maintain and troubleshoot complex hydraulic and electrical controls circuits to maintain a wind turbine. The customer relies on our safe work practices, technical understanding, teamwork, leadership and fiscal stewardship to maintain the turbines in their best condition to generate power at the lowest overall cost.
- Closely adheres to all safety standards and procedures
- Demonstrates integrity, significant initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis as well as performs basic level wind turbine service or installation tasks as assigned
- Performs basic level wind turbine service or installation tasks as assigned
- Demonstrates professional customer focus at all times. Interfaces with customer at a minimal level; may respond to some basic customer inquiries and will refer most customer inquiries to higher level technical staff or manager
- This role will require travel, working overtime, including working a flexible and variable work schedule as needed to meet business goals
- Willingness to embrace and promote Vestas’ commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum one (1) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols including LOTO and Test-Verify-Test as well as experience using basic power and hydraulic tools
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a Passport
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools
- Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet-based program navigation and the ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height; lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs in weight; stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time; work in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Encourages and recognizes others completing safe acts and intervenes when unsafe acts are practiced
- Effectively contributes to an effective team environment through assisting teammates in accomplishing mutual goals, supporting and promoting team spirit and collaboration
- Effectively looks for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicates through appropriate channels
- Solid attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution
- Good diplomatic and customer relation skills
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer an attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully-funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and candidates with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located near Halkirk, Alberta and could require up to 50% travel per year to wherever business needs arise.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.