Open only to EU or UK National or UK Work Permanent holde
Permanent OR Contract (end of 2021)
Job Overview: A leading and well-established Information Management Company in the global oil and gas industry seeks an experienced Wells Data Specialist to work at an oil operator client site. The key focus is to assess data priorities and analyse the technical data management requirements needed to deliver various data products. Applicants are invited with a strong wells data management background and a minimum of 5 years O&G industry experience. Competency in one or more of the following Petrel, Studio, Techlog, OpenWorks OR ArcGIS required. The Company is open to engaging with you as a permanent employee or on a long-term contract.
The Company has been at the forefront of providing expert data and information management services to the upstream oil and gas industry for over two decades. Services range from IM advisory, project, support and learning consulting services, helping clients reduce costs and increase efficiencies to devising effective data /IM management strategies.
The Company’s success is built upon their status of trusted advisors within E&P. They have a well-established client base from small to major oil companies who they support, in transforming data and information into useful knowledge; the deployment of cloud solutions; and in the optimisation of technologies and workflows.
Responsibilities: The role will consist of the following activities
- Work with the Data Product Lead at the Operator site, to assess data priorities and analyse the technical data management requirements needed to deliver data products.
- Ensure the data management is of sufficient quality for each product and is prioritised sufficiently.
- Work directly with product owners and the wider team to deliver global datasets that are of sufficient quality and can integrate across domains.
- Work with the team to deliver data management work to best satisfy the prioritised data requirements.
- Work with Vendor data management experts in the program and flag issues/blockers.
- Accountable for describing technical data management requirements for working with data fusion platform decisions.
- Act as a single point of contact for the data management work in the team.
- Strive to deliver timely and professional services to all users and stakeholders involved in environmental data, systems and processes.
- Degree in a Geoscience discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years in the oil and gas industry in a data management role essential – preferably some experience working with an Operator.
- Strong background in well data management essential - production, completions, drilling or log data.
- Experience working in a team that uses Agile approaches: Kanban, Scrum, etc. highly desired.
- Experience with business intelligence tools. Desired.
- Experience successfully running a cross disciplinary team highly desired.
- Competency in one or more of the following Petrel, Studio, Techlog, OpenWorks OR ArcGIS essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and technical credibility in dealing with end users and data product owners essential.
- Strong stakeholder management skills essential - Excellent project management skills essential, with the ability to prioritise competing demands across many stakeholders.
- Good analytical abilities and reporting skills essential.
- Confident client facing skills – ability to engage, win trust and articulate technical solutions in a coherent and friendly manner, is key.
- Must be both a good team player and at the same time self-motivated
- Strong communication skills essential; must be able to convey information in a clear manner.
- Highly flexible – ability to adapt to new project challenges and prioritise workloads.
- Customer/Service focused
Package: A salary of £50K-£60K plus benefits OR a Day Rate of £350-£400 per day is on offer dependent on skills and experience.
Please submit a Cover Letter with your application - outlining a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience pertaining to requirements) b) your availability and c) your Day Rate OR Salary expectations.