Job Overview: URGENT – Expressions of interest asap
A Consulting Services Company specialising in Upstream Oil and Gas seeks a Well Depth Measurement Consultant to work at an Oil Operator Site or remotely for a minimum of 4 months with a potential extension of an additional month. In this advisory role, you will conduct a study to provide recommendations on subsurface along-hole measured depth control procedures with the objective of providing a common, practical, vendor agnostic, along-hole measured depth control procedure. Applicants are invited with 20+ years’ oil industry expertise, strong background in along-hole depth measurement theory and practice, in both wireline and drill pipe methods
The Oil Operator’s well measured depth stored in company data bases was measured by wireline and directional drilling vendors using inconsistent procedures and old technologies. This causes issues and compromises the ability to deliver accurate oil in place assessments, geologic structure, reservoir pressure gradients, and added additional uncertainty to new well drill planning and geosteering. They are now committed to creating one consistent depth control procedure, which must be practical, meet the accuracy needs of the various technical disciplines and be vendor agnostic.
The overall deliverables are to:
1. Provide a time line review of industry depth measurement practices and current international best practices commonly employed.
2. Provide recommendations for a common along-hole depth measurement procedures and effects on resulting uncertainty
3. Develop standards and best practice in along-hole depth measurement
Responsibilities: The candidate will provide consultancy services in the following areas:
• Assess along-hole depth measurement uncertainty requirements of subsurface technical disciplines and the value / cost of achieving the requested accuracy.
• Conduct review of the current vendor driven along-hole depth control methods and measurement result uncertainty definition.
• Provide a time line review of industry depth measurement practices and current international best practices commonly employed.
• Lead Virtual Workshops on along-hole depth measurement methods and procedures and the influence these have on depth measurement value uncertainty.
• Assess depth measurement uncertainty
• Conduct virtual interviews of Oil Operator staff on depth control.
• Lead an audit of Oil Operator vendor driven methods and procedures.
• Resolve engineering issues concerning along-hole depth measurement control procedures and uncertainty determination.
• Work as part of a joint HQ / Offshore / Onshore Team to drive standardization and best practice in along-hole depth measurement.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent essential. MSc or higher desired.
• 20+ Years of international oil and gas field experience essential.
• Highly experienced and knowledgeable about international subsurface contractors along-hole measured depth methods and procedures essential. Experience of UAE contractors desired.
• Closely aligned with Industry Steering Committee on Wellbore Survey Accuracy (ISCWSA)
• Considered an expert on along-hole depth measurement theory and practice highly desired.
• Extensive depth measurement and uncertainty determination experience essential
• Technical publications authored and presented on the subject highly desired.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with oil operator’s engineers and service providers.
• Ability to work independently and suggest innovative ideas to improve and enhance solutions to along-hole measured depth issues.
• Previous experience in the Middle East advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal skills –ability to relay technical knowledge and concepts in a coherent and friendly manner.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential. Arabic advantageous.
Package: A Day Rate of $1,000 - $1,200 (USD) is on offer dependent on skills and experience. The Company will manage all of the logistics involved.
Please submit your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.