A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Web Developer. Working with an experienced Team of Developers and Cloud experts in Krakow, you will develop new microservices and maintain legacy ones. You will create new application programming interfaces (API) and ensure services are ready for production. Applicants invited with web integration development experience using NodeJS or Java or Python. Role offers a great opportunity to develop career, working for a leading technology company in oil and gas.
Supported by global offices, the Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. They have been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling their clients turn critical information into useful knowledge.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction based software and much more.
The Company is actively working with their global client base in the deployment of their main point technologies to Cloud and office based solutions. This role offers the opportunity to get involved in some exciting capital intensive projects with major global oil operators, as they progress in their digital transformation journey.
Reporting to the Project Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Become aware of the Company’s technologies and associated services, practices etc. Training provided.
• Build good working relationships with your regional peers.
• Develop new microservices and maintain legacy ones
• Create new API, ensure services are ready for production.
• Work with software team and Architects to translate requirements into manageable development tasks.
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Use the Web Framework to build custom user interface (UI) components
• Use the Company’s cloud-native application to build integrations to multiple data sources and databases and 3rd party systems.
• Ensure high performance and responsiveness of cloud-native application and integrations.
• Perform UI tests to optimize performance
• Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
• Leverage security for user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
• Troubleshoot and debug applications
• Participate in Lessons Learned
The successful candidate will have:
• Computer Science degree preferred but not required
• Proven experience of back end integration web development essential.
• Good web development in NodeJS or Java or/and Python essential.
• Some experience working in a modern commercial web development environment highly desired.
• Must have proven deliverables to demonstrate/discuss essential.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies desired:
o NodeJS: Hapi, Joi
o Java: JAX-RS, Fluent Jdbc, Teiid
o Flask (since python is more about ML, knowing numpy and pandas are bonuses)
o Understanding how OIDC works, understanding of REST and RPC.
o Experience with containerized distribution
o Experience with OpenAPI / Swagger
o Experience with jBPM or Activiti is a bonus
o Understanding of CI/CD
o Understanding what is microservices approach
• Experience working with back-end/integration tools and developers of interest.
• Analytical and strong quantitative skills desired.
• Experience working in, or familiarity with oil and gas operations, technologies or workflows desired.
• Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to handle various priorities and work in a fast paced environment
• An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships.
Package: Based on skills and experience, an attractive Base Salary will be offered full Company Benefits included.
Other: The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.