A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Front End Web Developer. Working with an experienced Team of Developers and Cloud experts in Krakow, you will develop new user interface components and maintain legacy ones. You will use these components to communicate with application programming interfaces (API). Applicants invited with some front end development experience. Great opportunity to develop career, working for a leading technology company in oil and gas.
Supported by global offices, the Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. They have been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling their clients turn critical information into useful knowledge.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction based software and much more.
The Company is actively working with their global client base in the deployment of their main point technologies to Cloud and office based solutions. This role offers the opportunity to get involved in some exciting capital intensive projects with major global oil operators, as they progress in their digital transformation journey.
Reporting to the Project Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Become aware of the Company’s technologies and associated services, practices etc. Training provided.
• Build good working relationships with your regional peers.
• Work with software team and Architects to translate requirements into manageable development tasks.
• Use the Web Framework to build custom user interface (UI) components
• Use the Company’s cloud-native application s to build integrations to 3rd party systems
• Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
• Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
• Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
• Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
• Work with usability team to match visual design intent
• Participate in Lessons Learned
The successful candidate will have:
• Computer Science degree preferred but not required
• Proven experience of front end web development essential.
• Some experience working in a modern commercial web development environment highly desired.
• Must have proven deliverables to demonstrate/discuss essential.
• Familiar with Angular essential – preferably Angular 6+
• Familiar with Rx.js.
• Understanding how HTTP protocol works (caching, Authorization, etc).
• Understanding how OIDC works, understanding of REST and RPC.
• Experience with PrimeNG is a bonus
• Understanding of CI/CD
• Understanding what is micro-apps approach
• Experience working with back-end/integration tools and developers of interest.
• Analytical and strong quantitative skills desired.
• Experience working in, or familiarity with oil and gas operations, technologies or workflows desired.
• Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to handle various priorities and work in a fast paced environment
• An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships.
Package: Based on skills and experience, an attractive Base Salary will be offered full Company Benefits included.
Other: The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.