During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Company: SISW - MG
Job Title: Warehouse Team Lead - 216720
Job Location: United States
Job Category: Supply Chain
Mentor, a Siemens Business, is recruiting a Team Lead for our Global Delivery Services team. Based in Wilsonville, Oregon the purpose of the role is to:
- Lead the day-to-day operational and transactional workload of the team, including first line customer concerns
- Lead, coach and develop members of the team to support/enhance Global Delivery Services (GDS) capabilities while adhering to Mentor Graphics global policies and procedures
- Develop and implement GDS strategies and processes ensuring compliance with corporate policies, strategies and ethics
- Support all areas of operational process within each functional area as per guidelines with a focus on customer service, timely deliverables and cost efficiency
- Drive improvement/change throughout the GDS organization globally and represent, consult on and lead global cross-functional projects as required.
- Maximize team utilization through effect workload assignments to address business needs, planned and unplanned absences.
- Maximize, promote and market globally, encourage and set examples of positive distributed team work with Global Delivery Services.
- Supervise, coach and mentor all team members including the development of, facilitation of and execution against individual/team training plans and goals/objectives
- Review performance with employees on a regular basis (at a minimum quarterly) and make proposals to lead on training, rewarding and subject area, managing those processes accordingly with your supervisor.
- Monitor and manage Holidays/Timesheets/balances in line with policies
- Develop and maintain metrics including, but not limited to, throughput, quality and attendance.
- Lead all day-to-day workflow, ensure even balance of workload within each department and ensure optimal capacity planning is in place allowing the team to meet their service level agreements and to maintain desired quality standards.
- Autonomy required evaluating options and resolving appropriate action regarding both regular and one-off problem resolution, with some supervisor/manager guidance required for more complex projects/assignments.
- Operate as first point of escalation and act as back-up to supervisor as required ensuring quality standards are met and maintained.
- Global Logistics/compliance – understands and becomes a specialist in all regional areas demonstrating team knowledge.
- Communication – understand the importance of clear concise communication in all instances. Work closely with your Manager to tailor communications as appropriate demonstrating an aligned global logistics methodology when collaborating with wider audiences/vendors
- Analyze contractual, product, database and business process related data as required. Collect metrics on functional areas, consider trends, provide corrective/preventative action plans, make proposals on changes/improvements and implement/administrate as required.
- Develop proposals in conjunction with manager regarding functional process/business improvement/refinement, finding opportunity for efficiency and cost cutting while still satisfying business requirements.
Leadership and coaching skills essential
Strong multi-tasker with a clear ability to work on own initiative; must be able to think and act with global consideration and appreciation.
Individual must have the ability to influence and represent GO business position competently and confidently with supervisors, mangers, directors, senior individuals throughout the organization.
Academic background should ideally include a degree in a business or related subject area and I/APICs.
Strong/competent user of SAP, MS Office packages, with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Ability to quickly calculate and accurately manipulate and create spreadsheets
Understanding of data for reconciliation and reporting
Must have knowledge/ability to create documented processes, proposals and presentations
Strong analytical skills a must
Must be able to analyze and problem solve
Strong customer service background
Robust global logistics & import/export compliance knowledge