Location: Europe – Flexible (International Travel)
Open To: EU Nationals or Work Permit Holder
Job Overview: A leading global Technology and Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Trainer to provide training for their well construction engineering software suite to clients across Europe, Norway, Sub-Saharan Africa and Caspian region. Applicants invited with training experience of well planning software. The role can be based anywhere in Europe, preferably in the UK, Romania, Poland or Netherlands. Training can be provided remotely or at oil operator client sites, so 50% international travel is expected.
Supported by global offices, the Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process.
The Company provides training solutions for all of their product range. This is typically provided after a product has been deployed and the Client can start to maximise their usage of the product and thereby optimize return on their investment. They provide comprehensive and flexible instruction solutions, from online eLearning tools to Trainer-Led Training and mentoring options. The Company also hosts a portal for eLearning videos that span across their product portfolio – these include how-to and domain-specific videos, created by in-house subject matter experts, which showcase new software features.
Their well planning software enables users to capture all their well data under one platform and provides tools to enable E&P companies to drive improved well construction decisions. It helps to maximise reservoir recovery over the life of the well and assists in designing wells for the right lifespan, whilst reducing operational costs.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Drilling Services Manager your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Improve your knowledgeable of the Company’s technologies for Well Planning, Well Construction, Real-Time and Analytics and the associated services
• Working closely with Drilling Subject Matter Experts and the client representatives to determine/define the objectives and requirements of the Training program.
• Devise the training materials required to meet client needs and in keeping with how the training is to be delivered - i.e. one-to-one, group, online, classroom in situ! The Company has a host of training materials available (videos, exercises, workflows).
• Work with the training coordinators to determine scheduling and travel arrangements if in-situ.
• Deliver training to a constantly high standard.
• Help maintain the Company’s training courses, e.g., updating courses with new features and enhancements.
• Travel up to 50% of your time - to client offices internationally and marketing events as required.
• Be proactive in learning new ways to communicate training - technology platforms, materials used etc.
• Deliver training in a professional and timely manner.
• Constantly strive to improve your training deliverables – define benchmarks and monitor and report on client satisfaction levels.
• Communicate effectively across all stakeholders involved (internally and externally) in the delivery of training programs for the client.
• Coach and mentor more junior trainers.
• Participate in Lessons Learned and Network Meetings
• Attend seminars/conferences/webinars/roadshows as required.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree preferred – in and earth science related subject.
• Min 5+ years’ work experience in the oil and gas industry essential.
• A good understanding of drilling and completion products used essential.
• Experienced in providing Training of Drilling and/or Completion solutions from industry players such as Landmark, Weatherford, Baker Hughes, Schlumberger or/and Petrolink essential.
• A good understanding of Landmarks drilling solutions highly desired - (Compass, WellPlan, StressCheck, CasingSeat, CasingWear, WellCost,WellCat and OpenWells)
• Strong focus on this new digital age essential - how technology is deployed and integrated for optimisation by the client – this will be a key element in most training.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – can relay technical content in a friendly, engaging and coherent manner to clients.
• Highly methodical - ability to multi-task, prioritise requests for training across the region.
• An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and gain trust with clients and peers.
• Strong focus on customer feedback/satisfaction – always striving to improve.
• Self-sufficient/motivated – can deliver training programs independently.
• Can travel as required across the region (up to 50% at times) as required.
Package: An attractive Base Salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and location. Plus Bonus Scheme and full Company Benefits
Other: The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
PS. Please submit a Cover Letter in support of your application - it should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.