This role is part of the Enterprise Technology Services and Operations organisation in Shell IT whose mission is to provide secure and reliable enterprise wide IT services for Shell globally. This role is focused on delivery of Connectivity services which includes local and wide area networks, network security, voice services and associated technology. This position plays a critical role in ensuring ETSOM meets operational performance expectations by
- Providing technical expertise supporting support groups to resolve complex issues and incidents
- Making proactive/predictive and preemptive interventions including the use of data and analytics
- Providing strong steer for future tooling requirements to embrace Automation using Data & Analytics
- Developing and sustaining the required technical skills
- To ensure relevant ITIL processes are effective across internal and external organizational boundaries
- Supports Traffic Engineering manager and ETSOM staff in developing their technical knowledge in relevant services.
The Traffic Engineer will manage ‘level 3’ activities for all Enterprise Services for the complete Connectivity portfolio globally. The incumbent directly interfaces with both supplier and business IT stakeholders across all lines of business. These services are critical in providing the foundation layer for all IT in Shell. As The internet becomes more prevalent the incumbent should have an extensive knowledge of Internet technologies and protocols
Portfolio complexity: A number of global suppliers are active in the portfolio including AT&T, BT, Vodafone, T-Mobile, various internet service providers globally and Cisco.
- To develop and maintain technical skills and working relationships within Shell and externally such that the operational performance of the Connectivity scope is secure, reliable and meets performance objectives
- To ensure sustainable resolutions of all major operational problems in the Connectivity services scope.
- Act as the Connectivity SOMs ‘technical expert’ when liaising with architects and other SMEs
- Member of the Connectivity extended Leadership Team and as such shares in a number of technical activities (supporting onboarding)
- Participate in a broad range of DRBs/Steering Teams for New Service Developments and Products.
- Support Vendor engagements to ensure that technical offerings and solutions are fit for operational support.