The Technician position will be responsible for testing production boards and units using multiple test platforms and troubleshooting failures to the component level.
- Focus on testing monitor systems and other final assembly products
- Focus on productivity, safety, quality and cost improvements
- Execute functional tests and troubleshoot to component level
- Act independently on projects and special test department tasks using technical abilities
- Develop skills to become a technology resource for the test unit and other production areas, as directed
- Work individually and on teams to improve various areas of the department
Learn and use Six Sigma methodologies to enhance the quality and efficiency of production and test processes
Be subjected to extreme heat for extended periods of time
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Work overtime, as required
- Work around approved chemicals
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs unassisted.
- Stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; as required
- Work using constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Willingness to learn and think creatively
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Externally focused and able to consider customer needs and make a commitment to quality
- Self-motivated and directed
- SAP Experience
- MRP Experience
- SMT solder / De-solder experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong PC skills such as SAP, Excel, Access, Word and Power Point
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.