US, Mojave | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 10652
Location: Palm Springs, CA Position: Full-Time
We’re looking for dedicated technicians who are passionate about preserving our planet through clean, renewable wind energy. As a Vestas technician, you’ll put your electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical experience to work, ensuring your safety, and the safety of your team.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TECHNICIAN
In this intermediate- level position, you’ll use your skills and training to perform maintenance and/ or installation work on assigned wind turbines under minimal supervision. You will be provided with defined schedules and procedures including safety protocol, verbal/ written instructions, but you may provide mentorship to entry-level technicians.
During a typical day, you may be working 250 feet above the ground, or working in small spaces to perform maintenance and repairs. You’ll be outside, and sometimes the weather isn’t great. You’ll be climbing, carrying tools and equipment and moving parts to complete your work.
Teamwork is a priority here, and our reputation for professionalism, safety and attention to detail are important to our customers. We also really love to hear when you have recommendations to improve the safety and quality of our work.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- You’ll have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum (1) years’ technical wind industry experience, OR six (6) months technical wind industry experience and a certificate of completion from a wind technician program, OR in absence of technical wind industry experience, am minimum of three (3) years’ electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, composite skills, or heavy machinery experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience with the use, and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, Power torque< and diagnostic tools.. (eg Flukemeter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Experience with computers, power tools, diagnostic tools and safety protocols (e.g. Confined space, Energy isolation).
- Ability to generate and interpret data, drawings and schematics
You have post High School education or certification— preferably at wind school, trade school or college.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
We offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry, including:
- healthcare, dental and vision
- 120 hours of paid time off
- generous 401(k) plan
- tuition assistance
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.