Senior Research Geophysicist
Our Houston research center focuses on research and development of seismic inversion technology for reservoir characterization in geophysics and petrophysics. The Senior Research Geophysicist will have a proven record and substantial research and development (R&D) experience in Elastic wave field simulation, FWI, Least squares migration and associated algorithm development related to the hydrocarbon exploration imaging and reservoir study. The candidate should have a proven track record in the oil and gas industry with the solid experience in R & D. The candidate must be capable of working alone and with a team to deliver timely and reliably solution and project for the geophysical reservoir problems. Knowledge in scattering theory for wave field simulation and imaging is plus.
- Lead and carry out the research and development of wave equation based seismic inversion and other technology such as FWI and Least square migration for reservoir study.
- Apply best practices and transfer creative, innovative technology and approach to support leading position in geophysical seismic inversion and reservoir characterization technologies as service provider.
- Develop algorithm and software based on the technologies needed by business unit.
- Mentor and train colleagues, applying solid knowledge of geophysical disciplines to various projects.
- Present consolidate technical reports for management and other parties as required.
- Collaborates well with other employees.
- Deliver timely and reliably project in alignment with technology management team.
- Participate in industry technical consortia, conferences, symposiums, maintaining current industry network and creating new connections.
- Promote and abide by company health, safety and environmental policies.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Fully understanding of Elastic wave field modeling, Least squares migration and FWI technology and hand-on experience on algorithm development of FWI and Least squares migration related technologies, parallel programming and numerical analysis; Solid knowledge of acoustic and elastic seismic wave propagation and datuming related research topic is plus.
- Strong parallel computation programming skills with C/C++, or FORTRAN; CUDA knowledge is optional but not necessary.
- Familiar with Linux and high performance computing systems.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and manage time efficiently while multi-tasking.
- Must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Professional attitude and demeanor in dealing with all levels of staff, vendors and customers.
- High degree of integrity and self-discipline, responsible, good sense of confidentiality, firm principles, broad-mind, and forward-looking.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree (from an accredited school) in geology, geophysics, petrophysics, mathematics, physics, computer science or related Geophysical discipline.
- Must have 5+ years of industry related R & D experience working in Oil & Gas industry.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required. <10% per year.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- No relocation provided.
Disclaimers: The foregoing statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of this role and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position. The specifics of this job description will be updated from time to time, as appropriate and required.
STHC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 1-832-831-1200.
Apply directly to this job posting by visiting our website: www.sinopecthc.com
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Sinopec Tech Houston, LLC. (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Department: Exploration and Production
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sinopec Tech Houston
Share this job