CLOSING DATE 27 NOVEMBER 2023
NOV is seeking an experienced Innovation Technologist to
support our Produced Water portfolio development efforts. This role
provides and exciting opportunity to work within a technology focused
market leading supply company, continuing to work at the Developer
Level. The role offers varied and dynamic opportunities working both at
the theoretical and practical, test-based level with close partnership
to our Orkney Water Test Centre. The role is integrated into NOVs core
cross-portfolio technology and testing team which is made up of a wide
range of leading experts. You will support new product development from
concept to testing of technology. Working jointly between test
facilities and engineering offices to assure the successful testing from
concept to demonstration across start to finish of development phases.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and further develop test campaigns as defined by the Product Line Manager (PLM)
- Complete scale up and concept-based calculations relating to field scale technology implementation
- Design and construct experiments and test loops for specific use
- Design, monitor, and run testing of technologies
- Capture data and create reports for testing programs
- Participate in HAS/JHA/HAZOP/MOC reviews for operations at facilities
- Support site procedures for test facilities
- Support other development facilities and carry out other duties as
and when business requirements dictate as may be reasonably expected
- Find safe, cost effective, efficient, and direct ways to test technology to the expectations of the project
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering degree desired (relevant work experience in technical
roles for 8+ years acceptable in lieu of) or Engineering Technician
degree with relevant work experience in technical roles for 5+ years
- At least 5 years of work experience in relevant technical roles (operations, pilot facilities, process design, or similar)
- Experience with oil and gas systems, particularly separation and
produced water treatment systems is strongly beneficial, however not
- Experience within the wider Water Treatment Industry (not oil and gas) is strongly beneficial, however not essential.
- Hands on experience with analytical tools (eg oil-in-water
measurement, suspended solids in water, FTIR, GCMS, GCFID etc.) is
- Travel up to 30% of the time may be required during specific testing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of engineering practices and processes
- Transform end user requirements to short term component and representative environments for validation testing
- Practical experience working with experimental testing systems
- Data driven mind and able to capture data from various locations to
support test programs and assess success and failure from operational
- Compile data from operations to visualize details to support testing campaigns
- Project management skills to manage multiple activities through to
success along with the ability to troubleshoot setbacks along the way,
commercial management of subvendors.
- Basic proficiency across a wide range of functions including;
controls, process, equipment, instrumentation, electronics, structural,
piping, and design are required
- Ability to write reports, graph data, verbally communicate at all levels
day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of
experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
region in the world and across every area of drilling and production,
our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced
equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the
We are a global family of thousands of
individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for
ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation,
product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the
industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’
needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on
time and on budget.
About the Team
Completion & Production Solutions
NOV Completion & Production Solutions, we serve well intervention
service providers and oil and gas producers, and we pursue opportunities
around hydraulic fracture stimulation, wellbore intervention equipment,
composite tubulars, pumps, floating production systems, and subsea
production technologies. Our integrated approach delivers greater
certainty, reliability, and peace of mind.