A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Solutions Architect to work in their Cloud Implementation Teams. Working with other solutions architects, you will provide your technical expertise of cloud technologies and deployment techniques. Applicants invited with proven experience of the some of the architectures of cloud based solutions – preferably AWS or MS Azure. The Company is open to applicants from all countries and industries – the key to the role, is the understanding of the deployment of Cloud base solutions and working in agile environments. If not residing in Norway, you can operate from your current location in the short term until such times as you can relocate. The Company will arrange your Norwegian work permit and provide relocation support for you and your family. The role offers immense scope to further expand your technical and business skills, working daily with a diverse client base of leading Energy Companies.
Supported by global offices, the Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. They have been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling their clients turn critical information into useful knowledge.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction based software and much more.
The Company is actively working with their client base in the deployment of their main point technologies to Cloud based solutions. Working in a team of like-minded individuals, you will grow and develop your skills and expertise in a range of cloud solutions.
Although, this role is focused on Norwegian clients, there may be opportunities to travel to clients across Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Become aware of the Company’s geoscience and drilling engineering technologies and associated services.
- Build good working relationships with your regional peers.
- Establish relationships of trust with your Team (agile software developers, solution architects, R&D….) to ensure informed technology decisions.
- Responsible and accountable for the end-to-end management of specific cloud based implementation projects for the customer base across Norway.
- Accountable for Project delivery - being on time, to scope, to the agreed acceptance criteria and within budget in a safe and reliable manner and in accordance with the Company’s values.
- Report progress to management leadership/service managers – ensuring reports are on time and in a coherent manner.
- Resource planning - identifying and ongoing management of project resources. Identify and lead interdependencies and integration issues with other related projects ensuring Project & Programme plans are aligned
- Implement strategy and maintain overall project scope/plan whilst delivering solutions that ensure operational integrity and ongoing reliable availability of the systems to the business.
- Ensure the project adheres to the appropriate Methodology and Governance Processes.
- Ensure that all change requests are fully understood, impact assessments completed and the appropriate business justification has been received and funding approved.
- Ensure team members are consistently supported and challenged whilst promoting collaboration and handling the resolution of any issues.
- Participate in Lessons Learned and Network Meetings
- Promote the use of knowledge management processes and too
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in IT, or equivalent desired
- Proven experience in the provision of cloud based solutions.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ work experience – but the key here is the expertise of the cloud tools.
- Experience of agile project environments essential.
- Previous experience as Scrum Master desired.
- Experience of Azure and AWS cloud provider technologies and deployment techniques including PowerShell highly desired.
- Systems knowledge in some or all of the following areas desired:
- Clustering and high-availability (HA) technologies
- Networking – DNS, firewalls, traffic flow, security, switches
- Security – SSO, authentication, Active Directory, Kerberos, LDAP, SAML,
- Storage – file systems, DR, backups, data lakes, Hadoop
- Web technologies – IIS, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, NodeJS, SharePoint
- Databases – Oracle, PostgreSQL and SQLServer. SQL scripting and database administration
- Encryption – SSL, encoding/decoding
- Virtualisation – Hyper-V and VMWare experience, virtual appliances, VDI technologies
- Container/Docker technology – hyper-virtualisation and micro-services experience
- Very good command of English – some Norwegian desired but English is key.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting methodology and mindset
- Experience of Server Operating systems essential - Windows, RHEL 6 and 7 system administration
- Graphics rendering technologies
- Thin-client technologies – XenApp, Horizon
- Knowledge of programming using Python, Java, Linux BASH, PowerShell desired.
- Experienced in the Oil and Gas industry advantageous – exposure to drilling technologies of interest!
- Experience managing or working with distributed teams desired.
- Experience working with partners and 3rd parties desired.
- Can work effectively with team members across your region.
- An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and deliver projects in a professional and timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to convey and present technical content/requirement/timeframes etc. in a coherent manner.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to motivate, engage, assert and overall manage effectively.
- Be creative and innovative problem solver - thinks conceptually and ‘out of the box’.
- A strong appreciation of stakeholder relationships.
- Good reporting skills.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel.
Package: Based on skills and experience, a Base Salary of 828K - 1,006K NOK (i.e £70K - £85K or $97K- $118K USD) is on offer dependent on skills and experience. Plus Company Benefits. If overseas, the Company will organise the Work Permit and will provide support with relocation, accommodation etc.
Other: The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.