Site Manager Philippines
PH, BURGOS | Team Leader | Full-Time | ID: 3057
Do you have experience in wind farm management? Do you like to lead and develop people? Then you might be the right candidate for this role at Vestas, Philippines.
Sales > Sales Business Unit Asia Pacific > Service Taiwan and South East Asia
Service Philippines is a local team based in our Burgos Project in Ilocos Norte, Philippines. The Burgos wind project is located approximately 500km north of Manila, in more than 686ha, covering Saoit, Nagsurot and Poblacion barangays within the municipality of Burgos in Ilocos Norte Province, Northern Philippines. This role reports to the Service Manager in Singapore. This team provides associated on-site civil and electrical works for the project and will operate and maintain the wind farm under an operations and maintenance (O&M) agreement with the government of Philippines.
- Manage the team on nominated wind farms, maximising turbine uptime and manage major sub-contractor relationships
- Ensure OH& safety policy is effectively implemented and managed at each site
- Fiscal responsibility to Vestas, i.e. budget expenditure and cost control
- Development of the business by ensuring system efficiency, setting progressive service strategies
- Effectively manage service, warranty & continuous improvement management works
- Lead and develop your service team to ensure delivering world class service
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working in a mechanical or electrical trade environment, preferably working with wind turbine generators
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Commercial acumen
- Relationship building, both internal and external
- Ability to work in high stress situations
- Decision making skills
- Ability to priorities tasks - well organised
- Continual system improvement
- Trouble shooting in high pressure environment
What we offer
Vestas provides an open, respectful and global culture, competitive compensation package and long-term career development. To meet business growing needs, Vestas needs a lot of talents to join us. We care about and respect all employees and will offer attractive benefits which include: A broad program of on-the-job training, a perfect platform for professional and personal development, bonus programme, colourful team activities etc. We put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results. Choose us, choose a brilliant future!
- Permanent role
- Work location - Ilocos Norte, Burgos Site
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th of May 2020
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.