Service Technician Are you interested in electricity, mechanics, and hydraulics and do you want to play an important part in keeping our wind turbines running? Do you want to contribute to the transition towards a world powered by renewable energy?
CN, Beijing | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 10349
Are you interested in electricity, mechanics, and hydraulics and do you want to play an important part in keeping our wind turbines running? Do you want to contribute to the transition towards a world powered by renewable energy?
Working as a Service Technician at Vestas is your opportunity to leverage your electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic experience while being part of the global leader in sustainable energy solutions. In Vestas, we have installed more wind power than anyone else, and the maintenance and service activities you do every day will contribute to us maintaining the best possible quality vital for both our customers and the very planet.
We offer technical training programs to ensure that Vestas’ Service Technicians are some of the most technically accomplished people in the industry. We take elaborate measures to keep you safe – at Vestas, we operate by a safety-first principle and working safely is a condition of employment.
Short description of department
- In the service department, our focus is to provide our clients with high quality and best possible production of their wind power plants. This department is consists of about 150 staff
- Work location: Beijing and need to travel across our country
- Working hours and shift patterns: 8 hours / day, 2 months for business trip, 10 working days for vacation, and 15 working days for three months for business trip
- Travel days: 280days/year
- Join us in fulfilling our vision of becoming the global leader in sustainable energy solutions
- Work to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas' specifications alongside both electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics component replacement and troubleshooting
- Ensure a smooth operation of our turbines and use of our systems within condition monitoring and remote control
- Maintain an efficient service vehicle and well-stocked warehouse by ordering materials, tools, and spare parts when needed
- Assemble components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes
- Proactive contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs
- Electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic experience accompanied by a passion to develop your skills further within these fields
- Good computer skills; experienced in handling different tools or systems to monitor work and documentation
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
- Valid driver's license
- A significant understanding of and commitment to the highest standard of health and safety in the work environment
- Ability to climb a wind turbine and perform tough physical work in heights as well as in various weather conditions
- Open to travel to other sites when required
- Enjoy working in teams and communicating with numerous stakeholders; you will work closely with others in the field but also connect with the wider business
- Solutions-oriented, independent, and well organized in your work
What we offer
We offer the chance to join the global leader in sustainable energy solutions, with the training and development to match. Every day will be different, and you will get to work with some of the industry’s most highly skilled and experienced colleagues both locally and across the globe.
We recognise that as well as providing you with a challenging and varied work environment, we must also provide a rewards package to match. That is why, in addition to a competitive salary, working for Vestas comes hand-in-hand with an attractive benefits package.
Primary work location: Beijing, China
You can apply online by clicking on "Apply Online" button at the top or bottom of this page
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 24th of August 2020
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
We believe that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is vital for accelerating the energy transition. Our differences make us stronger and better equipped to address the challenges of the future. Therefore, we prioritise hiring and developing talent that represents a broad spectrum of opinions and social identities, while making sure that everyone feels like active contributors to Vestas’ growth.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.