Service Technician - Warradarge/Yandin
AU, Warradarge | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 7307
Vestas is currently growing and is seeking Service Electrical Technicians for a new team at Yandin or Warradarge Wind Farm in Western Australia.
Service Operations >Service AUNZ >Western Australia
At Vestas we are very focused on developing our Wind Farm Service Technicians. In your first year you will participate in specific wind farm accredited training, corporate induction and other operational training. In this innovative role you will conduct timely schedule maintenances, respond and troubleshoot turbine issues, and always, ensure and promote safe working practices.
- Perform the day to day servicing, calibrations and maintenance as a part of scheduled and unscheduled service and maintenance of wind turbines
- Ensure customer satisfaction through direct liaison with client representatives, customers and service recipients
- Achieve, measure and report on performance indicators and site service requirements within a continuous improvement environment
- Carry out hazard and risk assessments for all tasks as per company policy and procedures
- Active focus on HSE including reporting and documenting of hazardous observations near misses and incident
- Electrical trade certificate and experience in Maintenance of heavy machinery
- Exposure and experience to HV highly desirable
- You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety and environmental requirements
- You will be a strong collaborator with clear communication.
- Demonstrated commitment and adherence to safety and environmental requirements Fit, with the ability to carry weight and climb wind turbine towers
- Flexibility in operation and ability to work in a team and as a motivated contributor
- Self motivated, with good communication skills and good work ethic
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft packages
What we offer
- A workplace that focuses on safety.
- An opportunity to work with the world leader in wind energy.
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development.
- Global career progression prospects.
If you’re passionate about our future and want to work for the world's leading wind energy solutions provider, please apply by the 15th August 2020 Job no. 7308. We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including before the advertised closing date Please note all potential employees will be subject to undertake a full medical assessment to be considered for this role.
- Join the World's Leading Wind Energy Solutions Provider
- Excellent Career Development opportunities both Nationally and Globally
- A workplace that embraces Diversity and Inclusion
- Flexible workplace arrangements
- 13 weeks Paid Primary Carers Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carers Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Vestas is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from those who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.