Becoming the Service Engineer Digital Grid is the next step in your career. This job is both challenging and future-oriented. It’s your job to complete technical-oriented service tasks of Energy Automation and Smart grid various scopes and to support in planning and managing these tasks.
We make real what mattersTaco Dekker is looking for a Service Engineer Digital Grid, who fits in his service team within Smart Infrastructure. Personal growth, ownership and an open mind are the most important values for him. Taco has more than ten years of experience within Smart Infrastructure and still learns something new every day and likes to share this with his colleagues!
The Digital Grid business unit provides customers innovative hardware and digital products, solutions, and services that support you in preparing for the future challenges that the energy system change will bring about. They help ensure supply security as well as efficient grid operations while reaping the benefits of the digital age.
Siemens’ full range of power automation services and smart grid solutions is completely tailored to customers specific needs. Our comprehensive service portfolio covers various areas such as Operational Services, Upgrades & Optimization (Retrofit), IT Security and Digital Services. Please see this link fore more information.
As an Service Engineer you’ll have 22 team members, like for instance Daan van ‘t Wout (Service Engineer), Remeo Ramkisoen (Service Consultant) and Martin Vester (Specialist Engineer). Furthermore, customers, engineers, subcontractors and project managers are your daily contacts.
What are the responsibilities of this job?
- conduct service deployments of Digital Protection and Substation Automation systems
- independently carry out on-site maintenance, plant assessments, fault analyses and troubleshooting involving customer systems
- determine the status of all equipment, using metro logical methods
- draw up the necessary documentation for your service deployments (reports, test records, etc.).
You perform the following main tasks:
- Preparation of the service job (test scripts, reports, work method statements)
- Preventive maintenance checks on Siprotec 4 and Siprotec 5 devices
- Changing parameters in DIGSI 4 and DIGSI 5
- Testing of in- and outputs characteristics by means of Omicron devices and TestUniverse software
- Making reports of deployments and advice for next actions.
How does this role feel like?In the morning you skip the office and you directly go to a client, in this case a DSO. You spend the morning updating their digital protection relays (SIPROTEC) settings, using DIGSI5 software. At lunch time, you meet a colleague to discuss a case. There is a root cause of an unexpected trip at a datacenter. The result is an offer to support in the solution. In the afternoon, you prepare Omicron tests for an industrial client in TestUniverse, so you’re able to execute those tests tomorrow.
What do you need to make real what matters?
- a HBO/WO electrical engineering, computer sciences or similar
- a convincing record of professional experience in this field
- taking initiatives is your second nature and your socials skills are famous
- You have a critical and analytical mind, is able to make decisions and has a strong customer focus
- result-oriented and a pragmatic view on the world. You believe in a risk-based and common-sense approach to quality
- Proficiency in Dutch and English is a must for this position.
We have quite a lot to offer, but what’s in it for you?We offer a full-time job in an informal and professional working environment with plenty of room to develop yourself. You work in a department that is growing very fast, that operates autonomously and realizes projects from design phase to completion. More specific:
- A good salary plus profit sharing;
- 40 days of leave per year;
- Technical training and development opportunities;
- Great projects, no-nonsense culture, dynamic environment;
- You work for a strong brand and you are part of an international network.
We don’t need superheroes, but super mindsDon’t wait any longer, just click on the Apply button. If you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruiter, please get in contact with Marianne van Ruyven, mobile: +31 6 10 20 43 60.
Screening and an online assessment are part of the application process.Please don’t use this vacancy for acquisition activitiesSiemens is an equal opportunity employer.