What’s the role?
The role will be responsible for trading physical and financial power and gas in the Rockies from dailies to forward months within delegated VaR, PME and Gas Equivalent limits. The primary objective will be valuing and executing profitable transactions in concert with the Rockies Sales and Origination team. The term power trader will build strong working relationships, support a distinctive supply chain with a distinct competitive structure while trading intelligently to build Shell’s value.
- Produce profitable trading results meeting or exceeding the annual financial target for the team.
- Power and financial gas trading in WECC regions from cash to prompt month.
- Particular expertise in eastern WECC (Colorado, Wyoming, Alberta, Montana etc. desired) or the demonstrated ability to create value as an entrant into a new state/market.
- Participate in portfolio construction and risk-taking decisions.
- Increase trading results through coordination with gas and power operations, origination, and the term trading desk.
- Contribute to and ensure alignment with Shell's overall goals and strategies.
- Speak directly with Sales and Origination customers to value and execute routine transactions.
- Operate within Shell's defined Risk, Credit, and Contract Parameters and adhere to both the letter and the spirit of all relevant legislation and compliance.
- Work with operations, risk, credit and accounting groups to track trade positions and profitability.
- Work in a highly open, collaborative environment where we achieve results through teamwork.
- Support effective operation of virtual teams, share best practices to ensure close cooperation with other regions.