PLEAS ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED - E.G. MIN 10 YEARS STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING, RUSSIAN SPEAKER WITH GOOD ENGLISH...
A well-established international engineering and consulting Company seeks a Senior Structural Engineer to assist in a Project Management Contract (PMC) for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC). The Company in cooperation with the national gas operator is tasked initially to develop mid and long-term strategies for the development of the gas transportation infrastructure in Uzbekistan. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 10 years structural engineering experience, preferably from Customer side or PMC consultant in EPC projects. Fluent Russian and a good command of English are required. The role offers a five year contract, working 5 days a week and offering a highly competitive salary package. The role is open to all with the essential requirements but first priority will be given to those living in CIS or Eastern Europe.
The Company has 50+ years of experience across various competencies. They provide comprehensive, full-scope services for major industrial and infrastructure projects. Their key strengths are in the successful completion of challenging, complex projects, requiring truly comprehensive management capabilities and interdisciplinary engineering know-how.
They have recently been successful in Uzbekistan, launching a major gas project that is heavily funded. The initial objective is to develop mid and long-term strategies for the development of the gas transportation infrastructure in Uzbekistan. The ultimate objective is to achieve sustainable development of the gas sector and energy security within Uzbekistan and Central Asia.
Your employment and on-boarding logistics will be facilitated by a local Manpower Company. They will organise Visa’s, flights and accommodation, assist with schooling, supply medical and other benefits for you and your family.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role encompasses many responsibilities including:
- Become knowledgeable in the Company’s gas transportation project in Uzbekistan.
- Collection and analysis of the Project technical specifications issued by the Client and according to international standards bodies and applicable legal requirements.
- Reviews and comment on client’ structural technical documentation and requirements.
- Seeks as far as possible solutions which can bring overall savings to the Project.
- Executes assigned activities such as input to the design, verification and studies relevant to any discipline engineering topic.
- Contributes to design and engineering optimisation in term of cost, HSE..
- Inspecting the materials used for construction – ensure that all proposed materials for construction can support the designs under review.
- Reviews and /or vetting of design specifications.
- Reviews and /or vetting of technical documentation for structural material requisition and assist the procurement department in the technical evaluations.
- Reviews and /or vetting of material spec.’s and architectural design for construction.
- Reviews and /or vetting of the technical specifications including relevant data sheets for purchasing and contracting activities.
- Assist the Engineering Manager for solving technical problems arising during Project development and for interfacing/supporting the internal/external contracting and procurement department.
- Perform/verify all discipline analyses and calculation notes required designing of the structural works, including the engineering activities of third parties and/or sub-Contractors.
- Review and development of construction drawings: General Layout, Steel structural, Concrete structural, Roads, Foundations in accordance with international and local standards.
- Build good working relationships with all stakeholders across the project.
The successful candidate will have:
- Commitment to a 5 year contract essential.
- Fluent in Russian essential.
- Must have a good command of English essential – preferably at intermediate level.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or similar field essential. Master degree in relevant structural engineering discipline desired.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Structural Engineer essential.
- Work experience in a similar position from Customer side or PMC consultant in EPC projects in an oil and gas industry highly desired (e.g. Gas Processing Plant, Gas Chemical Complex, Refinery, LNG, Gas to Liquid, full scale field development, international pipeline systems or other project of similar scope and complexity of great interest)
- Experience of the following desirable:
- Project technical specifications – capture/review/analysis/reporting
- Strong budgetary/cost saving
- Strong HSE appreciation
- Design Specification – Reviews/design/
- Ongoing problem solving skills
- Analyses and calculation of the structural works
- Review and development of construction drawings
- Experience of gas transportation projects highly desirable.
- A project Management or professional accreditation desired – e.g. Prince II, PMI
- A demonstrable passion for excellence essential
- Self-sufficient, highly motivated and innovative - someone who can respond effectively to engineering challenges
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to maintain and build strong relationships across the project.
Package: This is a senior level role and as such an attractive remuneration package is on offer dependent on skills and experience. Plus flights, accommodation, medical, schooling if required. This is a five year contract.