- The Sr. Structural Engineer role will be on Projects (in the oil & gas upstream/midstream sectors) with different execution styles ranging from concept, FEEDs to EPC.
- Carry out and review structural design for steel & RCC structures in FEED/EPC stages of Oil & Gas structures for the green & brownfield projects.
- Finite Element Modelling (STAAD and/or ANSYS software or equivalent) using of building codes such as IBC, AISC, ACI, and ASCE.
- Review of engineering documents and deriving input values of designs.
- Ensure structural design related scope is well understood and captured for cost and schedule purposes.
- Provide complete design solutions from concept to final design and construction.
- Apply design loading to structures utilizing applicable building codes and design codes.
- Design and analyze structures to meet project specific and code requirements utilizing both hand and finite element analysis (STAAD and/or ANSYS preferred).
- Develop engineering design calculation packages, which may include static, dynamic, blast, vibration, and thermal stresses, utilizing both hand analysis and finite element analysis.
- Review and ensure Project structural design basis, specifications, calculation methods are aligned with Project requirements.
- Undertake review of various structural analyses, pipeline stress analysis developed by the engineering team.
- Assist the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of Structural items.
- Oversee designer/drafters in the development of 3D models and 2D construction drawings.
- Develop construction bid packages which typically include calculations, specifications, and drawings.
- Perform post design activities which may include review of subcontractor submittals , RFls, and shop drawings.
- Perform site inspections at fabricators shops and construction sites to ensure facility is as per the contract specifications and drawings .
- Coordinate and communicate design solutions with contractors and other engineering disciplines including presentations , reports, studies , design review meetings, and training.
- Assist with project planning, cost estimating , proposals and project management.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplined team to meet project budgets and schedules.
BSc or MSc Degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering.
Design of Civil steel and RCC structures
Years Of Experience
Minimum of 15 Years with Oil and Gas Consultancy & EPC companies experience in the design and analysis of structure systems.
Field of Experience
Experienced Structural Engineers to design and build the infrastructure and facilities needed for onshore oil & gas plant.
- Design of Foundation details of all heavy & light equipments.
- Design of supporting structures for pipes and pipeline.
- Designing of Boundary wall, Site-Camp, Facilities buildings, camps, steel framed structures , Substation building, transmission tower and gantry foundation structures .
- Experienced in assessment of field data about the ground, soil, rock & boreholes, siesmic data analysis and find ways to make sure that foundations or slopes are safe and stable
- Experience with dynamic loading, blast loading, and UFC Codes is highly desirable
- Site surveys and route layout markings for pipeline lay.
- Should be Computer Literate
- Should have good Communication Skills in English.
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 42 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days
• 8 Hours a day
• 7 Days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Airfare travel by Economy Class
• Medical cover
• Accident Cover
• Accommodation, Food, and internal transportation will be provided by the client
• Single Status