Senior Stimulation Engineer
MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Stimulation Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Dubai. Candidates must have a minimum of 20+ years as a total experience in the oil and gas industry and including a minimum of 5 years in Stimulation engineering for oil and gas wells and be fluent in English.
- Dubai Office
- Reservoir Performance Optimization Manager
- Well Services Team, Subsurface Development Team, Drilling Team
To design, plan, coordinate and support the execution of stimulation interventions in naturally fractured carbonates to optimize production and injection in a safe and cost-effective way in.
- Work closely with service companies to achieve optimum design of planned stimulating (recipe, pump schedule and flowback)
- Writing of specialized stimulation intervention programs for wells in fractured carbonates to achieve safe, technically sound and cost-efficient treatment
- Develop detailed well stimulation cost estimates for assessing the economic viability of the intervention
- Serve as Contract Holder for well stimulation services and manage contractor performance in cooperation with company well services team
- Design and execute quality assurance/quality control and perform post-job analysis for well stimulations
- Determine production improvement potential for wells. Perform studies and projects assuring adequacy and conformance to overall objectives of all phases of problems in areas including stimulation, production, well design/testing programs, reservoir flow properties & fluid studies.
- Working closely with the organization you will plan, monitor and validate well surveillance activities to ensure well integrity.
- Identify, evaluate, and select potential vendors to support well stimulations
- Maintain safety as a core principal in every aspect of the job and serve as a safety leader.
- Manage the post-well operations reporting process to ensure the optimization of operational data collation and interrogation to be used for continuous design and operational improvement.
- Provide input into the specification of completion, well testing and well intervention related equipment and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Work closely with sub-surface team to ensure reservoir requirements are delivered.
- Participate in the ongoing training and development of assigned local staff and other new graduate staff. Includes assessing employees training and development needs, preparing structured development / familiarization programs, monitoring and reporting on progress and counseling employees, as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Petroleum or equivalent)
- Minimum of 20+ years as a total experience in oil and gas industry, including a minimum 5 years in Stimulation engineering for oil and gas wells
- Significant experience with naturally fractured carbonates
- Experience with multistage completion
- Preferably supervisory experience in the field for executing daily operations support
- Experience with coiled tubing and interventions
- Good understanding of well – reservoir interaction in fractured carbonates
- Flexible to travel to field when needed (Kurdistan/Iraq)
- Team player
- Open to share experience and open to new ideas
- Achievement focus and practical
- Committed to safety as a value
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process