Senior Specialist, Global Portfolio Planning
DK, Aarhus N | Management | Full-Time | ID: 10421
Do you want to be a key player in the articulation between sales and operations? Does it motivate you to feel the pulse of the business and have a direct impact on the performance of Vestas? Then take a look at this exciting job opportunity!
Global Supply Chain > Global Portfolio Planning
The Global Portfolio Planning department is part of the Supply Chain Management team working on optimising the global utilisation of capacity and optimising the project portfolio together with key stakeholders. The position acts as the articulation between the office of the CSO (Chief Sales Officer), the Global Supply Chain Management team, and the Regional Supply Chain teams. It is focused on managing the demand-side of the demand/supply balance.
- Demand Management
- Monitor the demand for the short-term horison and control the quality of tier 1 and 2 projects (milestones and content) and facilitate the arbitration between projects when required
- Monitor the FOI (Firm Order Intake) versus plan, assess the impact of deviations and coordinate with the CSO office, the Regional Supply Chain and Global Supply Chain Management teams
- Support the CSO office and the regions with a timely and accurate view of the "left-to-sell", i.e. the capacity available for sale in the 12-18 months horison
- Control the In-For-Out of the current year and facilitate decisions
- Anticipate needs for expanding the S&OP guidance and prepare business cases for the executive S&OP forum
- Sales & Operations Execution
- Participate in the weekly S&OE process between the global and regional teams
- Identify and document cases to the executive team to be elevated
- Prepare for weekly executive S&OE meeting with the heads of construction, supply chain and sales
- Together with the Regional Supply Chain teams, ensure the readiness of Global Supply Chain for the commercial decision-making forums (Deal Preparation Committees and the Deal Execution Forum) led by the CSO office with the Sales Business Units
- Portfolio optimisation
- Analyse the portfolio of firm, tier 1 and 2 projects. Search for opportunities to optimise the overall margin and capacity utilisation
- Build business cases, obtain approval and monitor the implementation
- Develop the capacity mandate process to maximise the utilisation of our capacity, minimise the inventory and optimise earnings
- Support the pre/post-calc control of the supply chain cost
- Risk management
- Analyse over bidding levels, identify risks, and recommend mitigation
- Analyse requests for deviating from the Material Risk Policy on a supply chain perspective together with the Contract Risk team
- Facilitate end-to-end analysis of tariff cases
- Develop capabilities, processes, and tools (reporting and analytics) for portfolio planning, in close coordination with the SCM Excellence team and the CSO Office
- Animate a network of regional supply chain planners around the world and ensure the deployment of best practices
- Improve the articulation of the various decision forums (DPC, DEF, S&OE, S&OP)
- A relevant university degree combined with 5-8 years of supply chain experience, and preferably a commercial or financial background
- Ability to engage and influence senior leaders across the organisation
- Experienced negotiator with the ability to create solutions
- Thorough understanding of commercial and supply chain processes
- Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
We expect you to have an independent and engaged approach to your work, and the ability to maintain a high spirit in a busy workday. You have great communication skills and are comfortable presenting and facilitating at all organisational levels.
Additional competencies required:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced facilitator with good interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive and effective relations across the organisation
- Ability to see the big picture and the courage to challenge data, ideas, and solutions to ensure the best possible results
- A team player, but still able to demonstrate enthusiasm to take on responsibility and achieve results independently
What we offer
We offer an exciting position with great opportunities for professional and personal development within the leading company in sustainable energy. You get the opportunity to feel the pulse of the business and be exposed to senior managers across the organisation with a direct impact on the Vestas’ performance.
Your primary work location will be at our office in Aarhus N, Denmark.
Approximately 20 days of traveling per year must be expected.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online as soon as possible and no later than the 30th of August 2020.
For additional information on the position, please contact Director, Rasmus Hugger Kjær Jensen, at +45 6063 2084.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.