Senior Rotary Engineer
1. JOB DETAILS
Senior Rotary Engineer
Engineering Section Head
Surface Facilities Department has a vacancy for Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer in approved
The Job Objective is to:
- Receive and act on general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the
Engineering Section Head.
- Act as the technical authority and focal point for engineering issues related to rotating equipment
- On behalf of company take the responsibility for rotating equipment engineering throughout the engineering,
procurement, construction installation and commissioning stages of the Surface Facilities Projects.
- Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors.
- Manage preventive maintenance during major project two years’ O&M.
3. JOB DIMENSIONS
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Receive and act on work arrangement in conjunction with the Engineering Section Head assigned
- Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines
- Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of
- Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist
- Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
- Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering section head.
- Attend all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project
Management team and Contractor as necessary.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during
- Quality control of the rotating equipment engineering.
- Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
- Analyze and/or review the rotating equipment discipline progress reports against the schedule and
Inform of any foreseeable delay.
- Participate in the technical workshop and technical reviewing meeting with Contractors and BOC.
- Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
- Provide rotating equipment discipline progress report and contractor’s performance to engineering
- Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
- Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
- Work at site under company standard security policy.
- Provide and review rotating equipment studies and design solutions for new and existing facilities,
such as pumps, compressors, engines, turbines, etc.
- Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work,
Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), Piping layout, Pipeline layout, Foundation layout etc.
- Conduct rotating equipment feasibility studies for various oil and gas facilities projects.
- Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical
meetings; carrying out site visits.
- Prepare, witness or review results of Project Equipment Tests such as Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and Performance Acceptance Test (PAT).
- Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and
safe work environment.
- Assist in operational trouble shooting and prepare proposals for resolving rotating equipment integrity
and improve checks and procedures.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and
instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
5. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Frequent contacts with Section Head(s) and other Engineer(s).
- Frequent contacts with other Departments.
- Frequent contacts with Rotating Equipment Discipline Leaders of Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers.
- Frequent visit to site to support site construction and production.
- Regular contacts with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management.
- Regular contacts with engineers of Suppliers and Contractors.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
- Working in tough situation.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years rotating equipment engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities
- Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred.
- High general rotating equipment engineering skills; hands on knowledge of key discipline tools.
- Extensive familiarity with the applicable standards, such as API, ASME and DEP.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop pragmatic concepts and solutions.
- Good team player, effective communicator and able to work independently.
- Ability to steer and oversee contractors’ contributions.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot operations