Job Status: Contract – 15 months
Open To: To all Nationalities
Job Overview: URGENT – Expression of interests urgently required by 5:00pm (GMT) Tuesday 14th of March – Experience of Kuwaiti unconventional assets highly desired. Please ensure your online registration details and CV are current and that you state clearly in your Cover Note your availability and expected Day Rate for a 15 month contract.
Our Client, a Consulting Services Company specialising in upstream Oil and Gas seeks a Senior Reservoir Engineer to work for their Oil Operator Client to exploit Unconventional shale/carbonaceous marl formations. Applicants are invited with 15+ years’ in petroleum engineering, with a strong background in Unconventional reservoirs/resources development.
Responsibilities: Reporting to a Project Manager, you will undertake a variety of related tasks:
• Working at the Oil Company site - provide reservoir engineering services during normal working days from Sunday to Thursday.
• Working on West Kuwait assets
• Lead reservoir engineering activities to exploit Unconventional shale/carbonaceous marl formations.
• Work with tight carbonate/unconventional reservoirs across international plays.
• Undertake reservoir simulation for shale reservoirs – using Eclipse.
• Contribute to the development of Asset Action Plans (AAP)
• Contribute to and promote “Best Practices” across all reservoir engineering activities.
• Provide reservoir and petroleum engineering training & coaching to young engineers as required.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent essential. MSc or higher desired.
• A minimum of 15 years of oil and gas experience essential – with a solid background in petroleum engineering.
• Previous experience of working Kuwaiti fields highly desired.
• Broad experience working with tight carbonate/unconventional reservoirs across international plays essential
• Strong reservoir simulation for shale reservoirs essential.
• Good knowledge of using simulation software essential – Eclipse is sought after.
• Previous experience of developing Asset Action Plans (AAP) for unconventional fields highly desired.
• Experience in some or all of the following: Pressure transient analysis; PVT analysis; SCAL; well test; fluid; pressure survey interpretation; decline curve for unconventional wells - highly desired.
• Previous experience of coaching/mentoring more junior members of staff highly desired.
• Can promote and help develop best practices and standards.
• Can work independently and suggest innovative ideas for improvement of processes.
• Competent using simulation software essential (e.g., Eclipse…)
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with Oil Operator Engineers from many cultures.
• Previous experience working Middle East assets desired.
• Strong interpersonal skills –ability to relay technical knowledge and concepts in a coherent and friendly manner.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential. Arabic advantageous
Package: This is a 15 month contract and a commensurable Day Rate will apply. All Consultant will get an end of service fee bonus which is circa 5%. The Company will provide assistance for travel, visas, insurance and will assist in finding accommodation.
PS. Make sure you submit a Cover Letter in support of your Online application (VIA WORKING SMART ONLINE). It should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your contract day expectations.