We are currently looking for a Senior Project Engineer (15 Years’ Experience Minimum). Our client is a major Oil & Gas production Company in Libya.
The successful candidate will be allocated within the Major Projects Department. Our client has several projects related to Oil & Gas Production. As these projects require very well experienced & qualified engineers. Therefore only candidates that meet the below requirements are asked to apply for this position
Responsibilities & Skills required:
- Managing and delivering a portfolio of Process, Mechanical, Electrical, E&I and other multi disciplines for large complex oil and gas projects.
- Responsibility for following up multiple projects at any one time, in different phases of execution ranging from scoping, tendering to basic engineering (pre- FEED -FEED) and EPC phases.
- Coordinate closely with Project Manager, Project team members , Project Controls and Contractor to ensure smooth transfer and approval of project deliverables and documentation.
- Working closely with Project stakeholders mainly Operations, Reservoir Engineering , HSE and other concerned departments and to coordinate between the Major Projects Department and contractors.
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements and ensuring that all projects comply with the company adopted standards and specifications (North American).
- Working collaboratively with delivery partners and contractors to ensure that schemes deliver on time.
- Financial forecasting of all live projects and reporting on value of work done (VOWD) and planned cash calls.
- Ensure that project documentation is circulated to the concerned discipline staff/ project controls and solicit feedback as well as to draft communications with all stakeholders.
- Plan and attend all project meetings, prepare MOM and follow up action items.
- Assist with developing project and programs execution plans, risk assessments and other planning documents.
- Ensuring that completion documents are available and handed over including Engineering Deliverables. test certificates, operation and maintenance manuals, health and safety files, and as constructed drawings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 15 years minimum Experience in project management and delivery of engineering projects for oil and gas (up and mid-stream)
- Awareness of health and safety standards with reference to engineering and construction works.
- BSc / MSc in Mechanical or Chemical / Process Engineering.
- An experienced project engineer, having previously managed large projects from start to finish.
- Must possess excellent planning skills.
- Confident in dealing with qualified contractors, articulate, numerical, and commercially minded. Sound project Management knowledge and skills - PMP is an advantage. Must possess excellent communications skills.
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
- Work Cycle of 56 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Europe & North America Candidates )
- Work Cycle of 65 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Other Candidates )
- 8 Hours a day
- 6 Days a week
- Payment for work days only
- Air fare travel by Economy Class
- Medical cover
- Accident Cover
- Food Allowance while in Tripoli
- Accommodation and internal transportation will be provided
- Single Status