Senior Production Engineer
Senior Production Engineer
Surveillance Section Head, Subsurface Manager
Lead the production management and production optimization activities ; receive input from the Reservoir Management Team and New Well Team for planning, design and acquisition of well production data and well tests. Supervise and QC of cased hole logs such as (PLT/RST, corrosion logs and PNL/SNL) integrate all relevant team comment to consolidate final report.
He will liaise with Drilling and Well Service departments for the preparation and execution of well testing and well interventions programs; with Operations and Project departments to ensure the delivery of the production forecast and to provide input for the design/upgrade of the production facilities.
- Ensure petroleum engineering activities on wells meet company standards and practices.
- Evaluating inflow and outflow performance between the reservoir and the wellbore.
Nodal analysis and computation of well bore pressure gradients - proficiency with appropriate application such as PROSPER or PIPESIM. Experience of work over operations.
- Designing completion systems, including tubing selection, perforating, sand control, matrix stimulation, and hydraulic fracturing.
- Selecting artificial lift equipment, gas lift, electrical submersible pumps, subsurface hydraulic pumps, progressing-cavity pumps, and plunger lift.
- Ensure the Petroleum Engineering Production Database (OFM) is maintained and up-to-date.
- Provide short-term production forecast (monthly, quarterly, annual) applying appropriate forecasting techniques and tools. Perform well management (i.e., well interventions, W/O’s, etc.) to improve and maintain field/well productivity.
- Develop, monitor and supervise well intervention programs for reservoir surveillance (PLT, PBU, etc.) and production optimization (e.g., side-tracking, re-completions, workovers, fracs, stimulations, etc.) and well integrity control (corrosion logs, etc.).
- Supervise on site (when required) well data acquisition for field monitoring and reservoir surveillance and perform quality control of the outcomes.
- Initiate new technology and proven best practice applications that will cost-effectively enhance production from existing wells.
- Identify the need and prepare SOWs (Scope Of Work) for PE studies (Asphaltene chemical injection, Corrosion, etc.) and follow-up the execution with qualified Contractors to ensure quality results.
- Assist Operations and Project teams in preparing short- and long-term work plans providing subsurface input.
- Provide cost projections and estimates for the proposed petroleum engineering activities.
- Monitor the progress of job execution and maintain up-to-date cost control and alignment with the WP&B. Ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Manage, coordinate and supervise the activity of the Production Engineering Section of the Subsurface Team, clearly defining responsibilities, tasks and workplan and ensuring quality of the deliverables.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during well operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems, processes and practices.
- COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS Internal:
- Internal Subsurface team
- Drilling and Well Services Teams
- Operations and Maintenance Team
- Projects and Facilities Teams
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement
- Basra Oil Company and Partners
- Vendors & Service providers
- BSc Degree or equivalent in Petroleum or Chemical engineering.
- Master Degree is preferred.
- Fluent in English, written and oral is essential.
- At least 8 years of Petroleum Engineering experience (with major operator is preferred)
- Proven experience in promoting and managing a strong HSSE culture for all Petroleum Engineering works performed in oil and gas fields.
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Thorough understanding of Petroleum and Production Engineering techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to lead petroleum/production engineering teams, field personnel and external service companies.
- Expertise in project management.
- Mature influencing and conflict handling skills
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions.
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of technical specialists and partners are necessary, as is the ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team to create integrated products.
- Ability to integrate into project teams and support an environment that fosters innovation, continuous improvement and learning.
- Strong team work spirit.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process