Location: Kuwait – Al Ahmadi
Job Status: Contract – 15 months
Open To: To all Nationalities
Job Overview: URGENT – Expression of interests urgently required by 5:00pm (GMT) Tuesday 14th of March – Please ensure your online registration details and CV are current and that you state clearly in your Cover Note your availability and expected Day Rate for a 15 month contract.
Our Client, a Consulting Services Company specialising in upstream Oil and Gas seeks a Senior Petrophysicist to work for their Oil Operator Client to exploit Unconventional shale/carbonaceous marl formations. Applicants are invited with 15+ years industry experience, and some multi-mineral formation analysis for unconventional & tight/fractured reservoirs - preference for Kuwaiti field exposure!
Responsibilities: Reporting to a Project Manager, you will undertake a variety of related tasks:
• Working at the Oil Company site during normal working days from Sunday to Thursday.
• Provide petrophysical services to exploit Unconventional shale/carbonaceous marl formations.
• Work on West Kuwait assets.
• Undertake multi-mineral formation analysis for unconventional & tight/fractured reservoirs
• Undertake/contribute to a host of other petrophysical activities relating to: rock typing, saturation height modeling, kerogen modeling and interpretation, RCAL/SCAL for cores, Petrophysical uncertainty analysis, field development planning…
• Provide project management to activities.
• Contribute to and promote “Best Practices” across engineering activities.
• Provide coaching/mentoring to more junior petrophysicists as required.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Petrophysics or other earth science subject essential. MSc or higher desired.
• A minimum of 15 years of oil and gas experience, with strong petrophysical background essential
• Experience with unconventional reservoirs/resources development essential.
• Previous experience of Kuwaiti fields highly desired.
• Previous experience of multi-mineral formation analysis for unconventional & tight/fractured reservoirs essential
• Experience in some or all of the following: rock typing, saturation height modeling, kerogen modeling and interpretation, RCAL/SCAL for cores, Petrophysical uncertainty analysis, contributing to field development planning…
• Previous experience of coaching/mentoring more junior members of staff highly desired.
• Can promote and help develop best practices and standards.
• Can work independently and suggest innovative ideas for improvement of processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with Oil Operator staff from many cultures.
• Previous experience working Middle East assets desired.
• Ability to relay technical knowledge and concepts in a coherent and friendly manner.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential. Arabic advantageous
Package: This is a 15 month contract and a commensurable Day Rate will apply. All Consultant will get an end of service fee bonus which is circa 5%. The Company will provide assistance for travel, visas, insurance and will assist in finding accommodation.
PS. Make sure you submit a Cover Letter in support of your Online application via Working Smart. It should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your contract day expectations.