Senior Material and Corrosion Engineer
Job objective is
The Job Objective is to:
Receive and act on general guidance, objectives and some specific work assignments from the Engineering Section Head. Act as the technical authority and focal point for engineering issues related to material andcorrosion engineering. On behalf of KEC take the responsibility for material and corrosion engineering throughout the engineering, procurement, construction installation and commissioning stages of the Surface Facilities Projects. Coordinate among Facility teams, in the company, with PMC and Contactors.
- Receive and act on work arrangement in conjunction with the Engineering section head assigned priorities.
- Review design for completeness and coherence in the discipline and with other disciplines.
- Identify potential errors, omissions or risks in the design basis and participate in preparation of design.
- Identify problems needing the involvement of specialists, define and organize required specialist involvement.
- Assess impact of proposed technical changes in the discipline.
- Review design and make recommendations for improvement.
- Review and / or issue design change notices for approval by engineering section head.
- Attend all design review events (HAZID, HAZOP, Peer Reviews, etc.) with Project Management team and Contractor as necessary.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions for areas of conflict or concern identified during
- Liaise with process integrity and Operational chemical teams for optimization of chemical selection
/ dosage / general requirements.
- Quality control of the material and corrosion engineering.
- Support the project control to prepare plans and schedules.
- Analyze and/or review the material and corrosion discipline progress reports against the schedule and
inform of any foreseeable delay.
- Participate in the technical workshop and technical reviewing meeting with Contractors and BOC.
- Coordinate and Assist PMC and the contractor in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and
recovery plans when progress slipping and ensures needed action plans are implemented.
- Provide material and corrosion discipline progress report and contractor’s performance to
engineering section head.
- Prepare reply to technical and field queries.
- Assist site with technical advice upon request of site.
- Work at site under KEC’s standard security policy.
- Provide and review material selection studies for new and existing facilities.
- Participate in technical review of new projects, facilities upgrade etc., including scope of work, Piping &
- Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), piping classification and Material Selection Diagram including structure, Instruments etc.
- In‐depth knowledge in corrosion calculation.
- Conduct other similar or related duties such as reviewing of project proposals; attending technical meetings; carrying out site visits.
- Comply with all relevant HSE management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Review vendor/Contractors’ proposals for Piping, Valves, Equipment, and Systems and support on the review of the Requisitions Technical Bid Evaluations. Evaluate supplier “after award” documentation (drawings, ITPs, welding / manufacturing / fabrication procedures, NDE procedures, etc) and requests for deviations.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner. Contribute to the preparation of clear, timely and accurate reports.
- Frequent contacts with Section Head(s) and other Engineer(s).
- Frequent contacts with other Departments.
- Frequent contacts with Material and Corrosion Discipline Leaders of Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers.
- Frequent visit to site to support site construction and production.
- Regular contacts with PMC, EPC and LLI Contractor Management.Regular contacts with engineers of Suppliers and Contractors
- Bachelor’s degree of Metallurgy/Material and Corrosion Engineering and Technology.
- Proven experience in oil and gas industry.
- Working in tough situation.
- Minimum of 10 years material and corrosion engineering experience in Oil and Gas Facilities.
- Work experience in the MENA Region; Iraq experience is preferred.
- Extensive familiarity with the applicable standards.
- Working knowledge of the groups scope of technologies including Corrosion control;
- Welding, Nondestructive examination, Paint and coatings, Thermal insulation, Cathodic Protection.
- Proven ability to perform in a senior engineer capacity, possess good written and oralcommunications and presentation skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
- High general Material and Corrosion engineering skills; hands on knowledge of key discipline tools.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop pragmatic concepts and solutions.
- Good team player, effective communicator and able to work independently.
- Ability to steer and oversee contractors’ contributions.
- Good insights in metallic and non‐metallic material behaviors.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot operations