Main function of the job: -
Instrument Engineer is typically involved in the design, development, installation of measuring instruments and automation systems for oil and gas process plant control, turbine operating systems also involve in design fire and gas detection systems which are used for oil and gas processing facilities. All the work must be according to safety requirements and engineering standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: -
• Supervise and lead a team of instrumentation engineers and designers in carrying out FEED and detailed engineering work for large size projects.
• Review, comment EPC Contractors key deliverables, design, calculations, specifications, plans, layouts, vendor drawings, testing reports, engineering studies, materials quantity, etc. and ensuring compliance with control system design requirements.
• Coordinate with consultant, contractor and vendors and attending meeting throughout entire project development phase.
• Preparation of Instrumentation engineering deliverables including drawings, Specifications, Instrument data sheets, instruments list, cause and effect diagrams, instrument plot plans, layouts, cable routs, loop diagrams, logic diagrams, etc.
• Optimizes instrument systems, ensuring minimal cost and simplification in compliance with the required performance.
• Prepares design, specifications for instruments, systems (DCS, PLC, ESD, F&G) and installation drawings.
• Prepares functional analysis (control (ESD, F&G).
• Carry out sizing calculations for Control Valves, Flow Meters, Pneumatic & Hydraulic Power Systems.
• Carry out instrument cable voltage drop & Intrinsically Safe Circuit Calculations.
• Prepares the technical documentation for instrumentation and control systems requisitions and perform the technical evaluations and purchasing...
• Provide inputs and review of engineering drawings including instrument location plans, cable & job schedules, cable routing layouts, instrument installation details, process / pneumatic hook-ups, interconnection diagrams, loop diagrams, fieldbus segment diagrams, interconnection diagrams, instrument loop diagrams.
• Provide technical support to construction sites and commissioning team, during installation, equipment testing, commissioning and plant startups as required.
• Provide technical support to maintenance staff to troubleshoot plant control system problems.
• Prepare project status reports and reporting to the engineering manager / technical head and works under his direction.
• Performs the F.A.T.
• Ensure compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) requirements.
Qualification & Experience: -
• BSc Degree in, Electronic or Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years varies experience in maintenance, construction and detailed engineering and design of instrumentation & control system for oil & gas EPC projects. Most of the required experience must be in the design.
• Hands on experience of large multi-disciplinary projects in Concept, FEED and detail engineering of field instrumentation, control & monitoring and safety shutdown systems, including DCS, PLC, ESD and F&G, in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
• Fully familiar with relevant international codes, standards and recommended practices such as ISA, NEC, IEEE, NEMA, NFPA, BS API, IEC, etc.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good English written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer skills MS office.
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
Work Cycle of 56 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Europe & North America Candidates )
Work Cycle of 65 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days ( Other Candidates )
8 Hours a day
6 Days a week
Payment for work days only
Airfare travel by Economy Class
Food Allowance while in Tripoli
Accommodation and internal transportation will be provided