Main function of the job: -
The key role is to assume responsibility of health, safety and environmental works in the company projects also ensures implementation of the Safety policies, HSE Management System and Project specific HSE Management Plans as they apply to the projects as well as the site complies with the relevant HSE Legislation and company HSE requirements.
Duties and responsibilities: -
- Ensure interest and awareness of HSE as well as the works are carried out safely and in-line with quality standards included in contract documents.
- Provide HSE requirements in EPC brown and green field projects.
- Participate in inter discipline check of documents for HSE compliance.
- Provide safety studies includes EER, dropped objects, flare radiation,.. etc.
- Prepare / review the hazards area classification drawings.
- Prepare / review the fire and gas matrix, fire and gas safety appliance’s locations and escape routes drawings.
- Prepare / review the design and specification of fire protection and detection system.
- Review the safety documentation packages (Hasid, Firebrand, Hazor, SIL).
- Perform / review the risk analysis and or reliability studies and noise control activities.
- Verify the correct implementation of the HSE aspects in the design and vendors documentations through studies and reviews.
- Monitor the EPC contractor HSE management system and provide advice and assistance to EPC and HSE managers to comply with SHE management system and polices of the company and in a regular way to reduce the risk to the project team and the environment.
- Ensure EPC contractor develop, implement and maintain a specific project risk management plan.
- Review contractor safety management system and advise of required changes. Visit the project site and conduct regular safety talks and safety training sessions.
- Report any outstanding and critical safety issues or lack of action by the Contractor in the weekly progress meetings.
- Develop and maintain Statistical data for the Projects.
- Ensure workplaces are safe, monitor the general work environment, inspect buildings and machines for hazards and safety violations, and recommend safety features in new processes and products.
- Monitor, assess and report on Contractor and Sub Contractors HSE compliance with the project HSE requirements as per the Contract and HSE legislation / best practice.
- Review and comment of the Contractors HSE Plans, risk assessment and advise the Contractor to update the site safety plan when necessary.
- Develop and update company HSE documents, HSE Plan, HSE specific site risk assessment, office risk assessment, office fire risk assessment, etc.
- Analyze current HSE trends occurring on site and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
- Implementation of all health, safety and environmental audits, surveillance audits and work with site team for resolution of non-conformance issues.
Qualifications & experience: -
- 15 years’ experience in HSE in large projects in oil and gas industry.
- BSc in Environmental Health Safety or Engineering Discipline such as Chemical / Mechanical or Electrical.
- Communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management skills including and technical risk analysis.
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to write clear and effective English.
- Must be fully familiar with plant safety requirements and engineering standards.
Summary of Terms & Conditions:
• Work Cycle of 42 Days Work /21 Days Leave Including Travel days
• 8 Hours a day
• 7 Days a week
• Payment for work days only
• Airfare travel by Economy Class
• Medical cover
• Accident Cover
• Accommodation, Food, and internal transportation will be provided by the client
• Single Status