Where you fit in
This is a great opportunity to join the Customer Operations team and work as a Credit Controller for our industrial, commercial, small, and micro business customers. Reporting into the Cash and Collections Manager, you will be responsible for supporting our business’ aim to improve our bad debt exposure and achieve collections targets.
What’s the role?
As Credit Controller, we’ll entrust you with:
- Maximizing collections performance through high volume outbound and inbound contact - by phone and email channels
- Delivering strong collections performance for nominated accounts, to reduce and maintain the aged debt position
- Performing account, billing, and payment reviews to enable collection or corrective activity
- Working effectively with customers to reduce debt in a timely manner to meet agreed targets
- Resolving queries, ensuring they are managed efficiently within SLAs to obtain payment from customers
- Engaging with other business areas for support where appropriate to maximise timely dispute resolution
- Conducting Land Registry & other investigative searches to establish liability and manage accounts through to resolution
- Mitigating Shell Energy UK credit risk and escalate as appropriate to the Cash & Collections Manager
- Conducting ad hoc tasks to achieve monthly collection targets
What we need from you
- Experience of B2B debt collection techniques
- Commercial Utility (Gas/Electricity) experience is desirable
- Good attention to detail, accuracy, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent telephone manner, coupled with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions and perform well under pressure
- High-level of commercial awareness
- Highly driven with effective time management skills
- Ability to self-manage and take ownership
- Experience in managing high volume collections
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- A positive attitude with a desire to learn and develop skills
- A positive, enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach to daily tasks
If you don't see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that not everyone often applies when they don’t feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive, and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, and life experiences to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then, we have grown into a leading innovative Oil & Energy company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit, and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.