URGENT - INTERVIEWS Starting next week.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE ACTED AS A "SCRUM MASTER" AND ARE POLISH OR ROMANIAN OR HAVE WORK PERMITS FOR THE RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES.
A leading global Services Company in the Oil and Gas industry seeks a Scrum Master with experience working in an Agile environment. You will facilitate projects, specific to cloud and office based implementations with clients across Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa. Projects will include personnel from R&D, clients, agile developers, subject matter experts, solutions architects and others as required. Scrum Masters from all industries invited with good experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies. Preference for experience of cloud based solutions. Great opportunity to develop career, working for a leading technology company in oil and gas.
Supported by global offices, the Company is a leading provider of integrated software solutions, covering the entire upstream oil cycle – from finding hydrocarbons to evaluating the prospects, building the wells, and managing and optimising the production process. They have been at the forefront of leading technology advancements for nearly three decades, enabling their clients turn critical information into useful knowledge.
The deployment of technologies across all sectors of the upstream industry has been highly evident in recent years - from greater optimisation in the field, real-time centres, predictive maintenance, cloud solutions, big data analytics, transaction based software and much more.
The Company is actively working with their global client base in the deployment of their main point technologies to Cloud and office based solutions. This role offers the opportunity to get involved in some exciting capital intensive projects with major global oil operators, as they progress in their digital transformation journey
Reporting to the Project Manager your primary responsibilities will be to
- Become aware of the Company’s technologies and associated services, practices etc. Training provided.
- Build good working relationships with your regional peers.
- Establish relationships of trust with the Team (agile software developers, solution architects, R&D….) to ensure informed technology decisions.
- Establish and ensure the team follows proven Scrum practices
- Facilitate Scrum Ceremonies in agile environments.
- Collaborate with Product Owner on Roadmap Planning and priorities
- Collaborate with Delivery Manager, Technical Product Manager, and Architect to refine the backlog
- Plan the team capacity for each sprint
- Clear roadblocks and obstacles
- Track the team progress each sprint through velocity, burndown charts, and other metrics.
- Coordinate customer demos as well as internal demos to enable learning and cross-training.
- Report progress to all stakeholders - ensuring reports are on time and in a coherent manner.
- Ensure the project adheres to the appropriate Methodology and Governance Processes.
- Participate in Lessons Learned and Network Meetings
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong experience as a Scrum Master essential.
- Proficient in Agile and Scrum methodologies essential
- Scrum Master Certification desired.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms (AWS or Azure) desired
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and Technologies (Compute, Storage, Network and Security) desired
- Familiarity with other Project management methods such as Waterfall and hybrid desired.
- Familiarity with Project Management and planning tools like Azure DevOps preferred
- Strong team player, able to work with distributed global teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to handle various priorities and work in a fast paced environment
- Previous experience or knowledge of some of the following desired - customer requirements, infrastructure sizing, blue print based installation and configuration, data migration strategy, 3rd party integrations, test, dev and production environments, acceptance criteria, functional, performance and security testing, cutover strategies…
- An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships.
- A strong appreciation of stakeholder relationships.
- Good reporting skills. Ability to distil detail into meaningful summary level reports
- Previous scum master position working in a matrix organization desired.
- Familiarity with some of the following desired:
- Virtualization and containers (Docker, Kubernettes)
- Microservices development
- Datascience, bigdata and applications (Python, R, ML toolkits)
- Development technologies - languages, UI frameworks (Java, C#, Angular, NodeJS)
- Database technologies (PostGreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
PACKAGE - Based on skills and experience, an attractive Base Salary will be offered full Company Benefits included.