US, Rossville | Skilled Worker / Semi-Skilled Worker | Full-Time | ID: 9564
Job sustainability and security with essential work in changing the world. Take a closer look at Vestas. We have an opening on our SCADA team, supporting Vestas customers in the Midwest Region. Start your new career with Vestas!
Sales/SBU/AME/North America Services
Vestas has an immediate opportunity for a site technician to support Vestas Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, including servers, fiber optics, ethernet communications, routers, and switches. The SCADA Technician provides primary support for installation and maintenance of SCADA systems and cybersecurity technologies in support of SCADA staff and customers. Technicians field complex questions and inquiries for areas of SCADA performance, behavior and capability.
- Understand, interpret and articulate complex issues and/or how changes made to SCADA hardware layer may impact the wind plant operations, and associated interfaces
- Installs and maintains communication network to support SCADA operations
- Support the SCADA staff with technical matters related to the SCADA systems, including responding to complex customer and vendor inquiries, troubleshooting efforts/projects and root-cause analysis
- Identify, and implement changes to the daily operations of site hardware and software for SCADA systems
- Willingness to embrace and promote Vestas’ commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- Minimum of 2 years or equivalent experience in installation and maintenance of servers, networks and PLC's. HP ProLiant experience a plus
- Has working knowledge within Microsoft OS, Server and SQL including administrative functionalities
- Innate knowledge of computer system components and operation (routing, Switching and Microsoft operating systems) as used in SCADA environment
- Cisco certification desired
- Ability to work with key customers daily, manage expectations and influence customer satisfaction
- Ability to answer complex technical questions, with some preparation, in a way that technical as well as non-technical audience can understand concepts
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence. Multi-tasking a must
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal communication skills to manage internal/external customer relationships
- Able to effectively collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to achieve high level results through continuous improvement methodology
- Goal-oriented individual who thrives on taking on responsibility and achieving results as part of a larger team
- Ability to work under pressure in high stress situations
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a attractive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; vacation; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located out of our Vestas sites in Illinois, Indiana, or Ohio and will require up to 90% travel per year.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.