Open To: UK Nationals or UK Work Permit Holders
Job Overview: A leading geophysical acquisition Company seeks a Sales Administrator to support the activities of the Business Development Managers and marketing activities. The role offers great opportunity for international travel to events and to develop your sales/commercial career – training provided. Applicants are invited with excellent communications skills, highly organised, self-motivated and a desire to progress and learn. Preference for someone living in or near Edinburgh, or committed to relocating to Edinburgh area.
The role involves working closely with the Sales Team and the Marketing Manager in preparing tender responses, planning marketing roadshows and trade shows and liaising with operations staff on live projects and interacting with clients and potential clients.
The company is well-established in airborne geophysical surveying exploration. They provide high resolution gravity gradient data. They have now extended their services to some of the low carbon sectors such as the Geothermal industry.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the regional Business Development Manager, you will take responsibility of:
• Become competent in the Company’s services, work flows and practices.
• Build good working relationships with your peers across offices.
• Build good relations with the client base and potential clients – become the go to person for queries relating to bids and tenders.
• Work closely with the Sales Team in the UK predominately - in driving new sales and progressing all activities relating to the sales cycle – training will be provided.
• Be responsible for the preparation of quotations, bids and tender clarifications as required. Keep a close eye on timeframes for submissions and follow up with clients regarding these tenders as needed.
• Assist in processing orders.
• Keep clients updated throughout the order process as required – chase where no responses.
• Ensure that the Sales Team have all necessary updates re the status of the tendering process.
• Undertake background research on companies and projects.
• Research exploration activities in the market – e.g. which oil companies are licensing for exploration rights and feed back to Sales team.
• Be proactive in sharing market knowledge to all internal stakeholders.
• Be highly pro-active in developing your understanding of the sector.
• Work closely with the Marketing Manager – in researching different online events and industry conference, workshops etc. Share this information and assist in implementing the agreed marketing strategies.
• Attend local and international events and conferences as required.
This is an exciting role for someone with strong administration experience and excellent communications skills, looking for their next career move. Working in a small, friendly environment, the Company is open and keen to further develop the strengths and ambitions of their staff.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in a geoscience or related field advantageous.
• Some work experience preferred – but training provided.
• Local to Edinburgh area preferred or willing to relocate.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential – must be able to converse and engage effectively across all levels and cultures.
• Previous experience in an administration or sales role highly desired.
• Ambition and passion and a desire to be a success in this commercial role essential.
• Knowledge of geophysics/geoscience highly desired but training provided.
• Tele-media sales experience desired – you will engage with clients via the phone predominately and emails - identifying key players, generating interest, co-ordinating meetings, processing tender requests, following up with clients….
• Ability to monitor, manage and communicate potential leads to Sales Team in a timely manner essential.
• An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships both internally and externally with clients and partners.
• Highly methodical - ability to multi-task, prioritise, with attention to detail.
• Ability to perform under pressure and to deliver results.
• Team player and self-motivated
• Enthusiasm and drive to stay abreast of new trends and technologies in your field.
• Strong advocate in the transfer of knowledge and experiences – proactive in sharing.
• Willingness to travel globally.
Package: This role is open to all levels and therefore a Base Salary of circa £25K - £40K is on offer dependent on skills and experience plus a range of additional Company benefits.
Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.