Open To: EU Citizen or UK Work Permit Holder
Job Overview: A recognized world leader in reservoir simulation software seeks a Sales Account Manager to drive business growth of their reservoir and production modelling software and to support new sales in their expanding Energy Transition related businesses (CO2, H2, thermal) across Europe. Applicants invited with a minimum of 5 years, proven track record in software sales to the oil and gas industry, in particular in the areas of reservoir and/or production modelling. With a large existing customer base, new markets emerging and technologies pending, there is great potential for high financial rewards. The role can be based in Europe (with international airport access) however, there is a preference for UK- Aberdeen or London base.
The Company is recognized as a world leader in reservoir simulation, especially for difficult and enhanced oil recovery (EOR) processes. As the Company successfully expands its business into Energy Transition related processes (CO2, H2, thermal) and also into the Production Engineering space, their existing sales organization cannot cope with the volume of leads and contracts that need to be processed. This role offers a great opportunity for an experienced Sales Account Manager, to exploit this current growth potential across the European marketplace and to reap high financial rewards.
You will be supported by a highly experienced technical team based in Southern England consisting of 3 senior staff, along with the existing Sales Manager, who has a great depth of industry and technical experience and who is also leading the Company’s Energy Transition market. This local group is in turn supported by the wider technical and sales organization based in Dubai and Calgary.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the European Sales Manager (in UK) your primary responsibilities will be to:
• Become knowledgeable in the Company’s software technologies.
• Sell the Company’s range of reservoir simulation and production modelling software products across Europe.
• Manage customers based across Europe - the Company has a large existing customer base.
• Seek out and build good working relationships with the key players across each customer account – become the go-to-person for the Company’s reservoir and production modelling/engineering software.
• Take responsibility for managing your accounts and developing software revenue.
• Manage all aspects of the sales cycle within the customer base.
• Manage your sales pipeline closely - provide forecasting to all relevant managers in a timely and professional manner.
• Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company.
• Be proactive in understanding your customers plans/ambitions for Energy Transition related processes (CO2, H2, thermal). Work with your relative peers to develop these opportunities.
• As the Company successfully expands its business into the Production Engineering space, be proactive in driving awareness and opportunities for these new technologies.
• Work closely and effectively with the Company’s Technical Support Teams and other Sales professionals.
• Be proactive in raising the awareness and reputation of the Company’s solution. As required, attend roadshows, exhibitions, conferences etc.
• Keep abreast of new oilfield technologies and digital solutions in the market – especially reservoir and production modelling/engineering software - become competent in discussing with customers with the ability and confidence to highlight advantages of the Company’s solutions.
The position represents an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to learn and actively participate in a small expert team environment with the backing and opportunities of a larger global organization.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in an earth science or engineering related subject desired.
• Strong oil and gas sales account management experience essential. A min of 5+ years in direct sales required.
• Previous sales experience with a reservoir modelling or a production engineering software company highly desired – or exposure/knowledge of these technologies desired.
• Proven experience selling to customers in Europe essential. Experience in selling to a range of small to large companies desired.
• Experience of the full sales cycle essential – taking deals all the way from initial leads, to closing them out with signed contracts and payment.
• Effective deal closer essential.
• Strong focus on good customer relationship management essential. Company-Customer loyalty is key!
• A working knowledge of reservoir simulation software e.g. CMG’s IMEX, GEM, or STARS; Eclipse; Nexus; tNavigator or other similar products highly desired.
• A working knowledge of production engineering software e.g. GAP, Prosper, Hysys, OLGA, Pipesim, Wellflo; or other similar products highly desired.
• An assertive individual with the personality and confidence to build strong relationships and engage with all levels of personnel across the Customer base.
• Ability to monitor, manage and communicate sales plans/forecasts to managers.
• Outgoing personality with a desire to understand and solve customer problems.
• The ability to work remotely as part of a small local team, and to work collaboratively with individuals from other teams across the globe essential.
• Have excellent communication skills and able to see long term value opportunities.
• High interest in technology and its deployment within the upstream oil and gas industry and in the new Energy Transition space essential.
• Self-motivated, requires minimal supervision – motivated to achieve.
• Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal English.
• Use standard MS Windows and associated office productivity software tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to perform under pressure and to deliver results.
• Ambitious with a keen drive to exceed expectations and develop one’s career.
• Can travel as required across Europe.
Package: Based on skills and experience, a Base Salary plus a Commission Plan circa £120K is on offer. However, as commission is uncapped and with potential for growth of current and new markets, it is expected that OTE would be higher. The Company is flexible in their negotiations for high calibre candidates. In addition, Company Benefits provided and inclusion in the company share scheme.
Please Submit a Cover Letter in support of your application - it should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.