SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
Rigging And Lifting Supervisor
Accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Technical resource for Q & A’s around Hoisting and Lifting Standard (Project, Industry, Client and regulatory)
- Build and maintain a strong, collaborative working relationship with the relevant Contractors and Vendors.
- SME deliverables as described in the Control Framework for L&H
- Review and endorse all Non-Routine Complex Lift Plans
- Provide feedback and proactive efforts for L&H
- Actively participate in investigating crane and lifting related incidents and implementing associated corrective action plans.
- Reviewing and providing technical input into equipment changes initiated by field teams.
- Focal point for centrally managed lifting and hoisting systems for certification, inspection and repair programs.
- Ensure L&H operations are safe and compliant with Legislation, Codes and Practices, Control Framework and industry best practice.
- Review and provide input to lift planning activities.
- Provide assurance on the planning & execution of Rigging activities
- Provide input on the utilization of lifting & hoisting equipment. This may include tracking utilization data, as well as optimization of equipment type & placement
- L&H SME focal point for Turnaround
- Participate in weekly L&H meeting
- Encourage, identify and contribute to cost saving initiatives without compromising in safety
- Technical resource for Work at Height including Rope Access Contractors, Scaffolding and Rescue and associated materials
- Provide assurance for L&H activities at DOSB including site representation for critical lifting activities
- L&H materials focal point including QI and associated waivers
- L&H Focal point for major maintenance campaigns i.e. Thrusters & SW2 pumps
- Support marine activities such as fendering or mooring where L&H Equipment is used
- Focal point for L&H fabrication and custom lifting accessories
- Engage with other Oil & Gas Operators in the region to understand any issues that impact the industry and implement any changes that are required.
Skills and Requirements
- Detailed Crane knowledge must include load charts, set-up, proper inspection, and proper operation of the following types of cranes:
- Mobile Cranes, including hydraulic, lattice and luffing configurations
- Crawler Cranes including Super-Lift and Luffing configurations
- Pick and Carry Cranes
- Tower Cranes
- Pedestal Cranes
- Gantry and overhead cranes
- Floating cranes
- Complete knowledge of the Control Framework, L&H regulatory laws and industry standards with the ability to interpret and apply to day to day operations.
- Skill in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams and OneNote
- Strong collaborative behaviours – a team player with a can-do attitude is required.
- Effective intervention and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills dealing with line workers and senior leaders.
- Teaching and coaching skills with best practices from around the businesses.
- This position will report into the Cargo SUPT
- Position will liaise with Client Lifting and Hoisting Team in the region as well as the Lifting and Hoisting Centre of Excellence as required.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.