Job Status: Contract – 12 months
Open To: To all Nationalities
Job Overview: A Consulting Services Company specialising in Upstream Oil and Gas seeks five to seven Reservoir Engineers to work at an Oil Operator Site on a minimum 1-year contract. Applicants are invited with 10+ years’ experience and extensive reservoir simulation and field development experience, to support ongoing intensive modelling activities and field development plan optimization for multiple reservoirs. Also, you will be expected to contribute to field development plan cost optimization, training and mentoring young Reservoir Engineers. The project will initially be for a period of 12 months but could be extended. The Company will organise logistics such as medical and visa/work permit and provide full support for moving to the ME.
The Operator has a number of ongoing Upstream Digital and AI initiatives in the reservoir and petroleum engineering domain. They are keen to receive applications from those interested in their AI/ML (machine learning) initiatives, especially those who have experience in the application of AI in solving field development, reservoir management and production optimization challenges.
Responsibilities: You will provide consultancy services in the following areas:
• Working at the Oil Company site - provide reservoir engineering services during normal working hours from Monday to Friday.
• Lead reservoir model build for selected reservoirs through integration of static and dynamic data to deliver the most representative models for Business Plan activities. This includes hands-on model build activity to meet various model milestones including initialization, history match, prediction and uncertainty analysis.
• Lead Field Development Plan studies and optimization for the selected reservoirs, to identify the most optimal field development plan from a technical and commercial standpoint. This includes optimization of well count, location, rates, completion, Artificial Lift strategy and other parameters to optimally achieve the plateau rates, plateau duration and recovery factors that are in line with Concession Mandates.
• Contribute and adapt to ensemble-based modelling approach for history match and prediction, uncertainty analysis and subsurface risk mitigation.
• Contribute to the different ongoing Reservoir Management initiatives including:
o Review of Reservoir Management Guidelines for Oil and Gas Reservoirs to maximize Production & Profitability while ensuring integrity of Reserves.
o Production Efficiency Improvement
o Reduction of development cost per barrel
• Contribute to the Company’s Digital Oilfield and AI Initiatives.
• Implement “Best Practices” in reservoir model generation, history matching and prediction.
• Provide reservoir and petroleum engineering training & coaching to young engineers as required.
• Provide technical support; manage and resolve reservoir engineering issues reported by various stakeholders.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent essential. MSc or higher desired.
• A minimum of 10 years in Reservoir Engineering essential.
• Strong background in reservoir engineering fundamentals, reserves estimation and portfolio analysis.
• Strong focus in optimizing field development plans, considering technical and economic aspects.
• Experience in delivering complex field development plans for giant oil and gas fields (preferably with 1000+ wells)
• Proficient in Reservoir Simulation Domain (reservoir model generation, history match and prediction, uncertainty quantification), with hands on experience building large complex full field and sector models.
• Extensive knowledge in developing carbonate oil & gas reservoirs.
• Some roles request experience in AI/ML initiatives highly desired, especially in the application of AI in petroleum engineering. Exposure to Digitalization based technology roadmaps, scripting (i.e., Python, R, etc.) and integration platforms (e.g., Spotfire, PowerBI, JupyterHub, DataIKU, etc) desired. If you have any exposure in this area – please ensure you highlight in your CV.
• Strong experience leading independent project reviews, desired.
• Highly experienced in developing best practices and standards for reservoir simulation model build.
• Can work independently and suggest innovative ideas to improve and enhance reservoir models and field development plans.
• Competent using simulation software essential (e.g., T-Navigator, Eclipse, Intersect…)
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills is a must.
• Previous experience in the Middle East advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal skills –ability to relay technical knowledge and concepts in a coherent and friendly manner.
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential. Arabic advantageous.
Package: A competitive Day Rate is on offer for this 12-month contract. The Company will manage the logistics in obtaining medical certification and visa/work permit. Full support in moving to the Middle East provided.
PS. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your contract day rate to you.