Research Reservoir Geophysicist
Our Houston research center focuses on research and development of seismic inversion and reservoir characterization in geophysics and petrophysics. The Research Reservoir Geophysicist will have substantial research and development (R&D) experience in seismic inversion and associated algorithm development related to the hydrocarbon exploration and reservoir study. The candidate should have a proven track record in the oil and gas industry having the knowledge and experience working with various regions. The candidate must be capable of working alone and with a team to deliver timely and reliably solution and project for the geophysical reservoir problems. Full waveform inversion experience is optional but not necessary.
- Solid understanding of seismic inversion or related technologies.
- Carry out the development of seismic inversion and related technologies.
- Apply best practices and transfer creative, innovative technology and approach to support leading position in geophysical seismic inversion and reservoir characterization technologies as service provider.
- Develop algorithm and software based on the technologies needed by business unit.
- Deliver timely and reliably project in alignment with technology management team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge in seismic inversion, AVO theory, optimization algorithm; Basic knowledge of seismic wave propagation and seismic imaging and related research topics is plus.
- Strong programming skills including C/C++, Fortran. CUDA knowledge is optional but not necessary.
- Familiar with Linux and high performance computing systems.
- Ability to do present technical topics to peers and management.
- Promote industry best practices and work safety.
- Must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and teamwork.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS, LICENSES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree (from an accredited school) in geology, geophysics, petrophysics, mathematics, physics, computer science or related Geophysical discipline.
- Must have 2+ years industry related experience working in Oil & Gas industry.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required. <25% per year.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization.
Disclaimers: The foregoing statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of this role and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position. The specifics of this job description will be updated from time to time, as appropriate and required.
STHC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1-832-831-1200.
Apply directly to this job posting by visiting our website: www.sinopecthc.com
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Sinopec Tech Houston, LLC. (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Department: Exploration and Production
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sinopec Tech Houston
Share this job