Job Description Proposals Manager with Stork:
Responsible for the delivery of key project variables related to all aspects of proposals and prequalification’s. Ensure that the central proposals department support the corporate business objectives in line with Stork policy and procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities as Proposals Manager:
- Responsible for the overall management of all aspects of the central proposals department.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of all proposals that are tasked to the department.
- To provide support to all divisions in the pre-qualifications, tenders and commercial proposals that they are submitting.
- To efficiently manage the resources assigned to ensure that proposals to the highest standard are submitted on time and to the client’s specification.
- To prepare and deliver a tender plan, identifying deliverables, an action list of what is to be done, by whom and a timetable for delivery.
- Analyse the risks associated with the tender, including coordinating the review of the contract terms and conditions.
- Where applicable liaise with suppliers and third parties to ensure that accurate and compliant tenders are developed.
- Coordinate internal divisions during the prequalification or tender being compiled.
- Where appropriate liaise with the client throughout the tender period.
- Coordinate the preparation (via the commercial and project controls departments) and overview all costings and cost models for all works being tendered.
- Prepare and present all information for Management review and agreement.
- Ensure that there is attendance to all necessary site visits and clarification meetings as required.
- Continually monitor and improve on company commercial and bidding practices.
- Ensure that what is submitted is in line with the approved technical and commercial structure.
- Ensure that proposals do not conflict with Group HSEQ policies.
- Ensure compliance with Stork policies and commercial requirements.
Budget Control and Management
- Ensure the Proposals budget reflects the Proposals Strategy and adequately supports the aims & goals of the function.
- Ensure the Proposals team are trained appropriately on budget & financial management as per their roles & responsibilities.
- Coach and mentor reports ensuring that there is a succession plan in place.
- Communicate business objectives to key personnel within Proposals Team.
- Providing direction to all Proposals Line staff to ensure operational efficiency of their respective areas of control to ensure that tenders and prequalification’s are met.
- Ensure and implement adequate resources and an effective organisational structure.
- Ensure that technical knowledge is retained and developed within each areas of expertise.
- Line management responsibility for the development and training of members of the central proposals team.
- Ensure compliance with relevant industry legislation and standards.
- Promote Personal and Development Plans within Proposals Team in line with corporate objectives.
- Regular day to day liaison and teamwork with the Sales & Business development / Communication & Marketing team members to ensure the delivery of compelling & competitive tenders to Stork’s current and new client base.
At Stork, Safety is our first Core Value and we believe that safety is a team effort. Safer Together is employee owned. It is how we think, communicate and act at Stork. As a member of the Stork team, there are expectations of you within your role:
- Be aware of, and understand your HSEQ responsibilities relevant to your role, if unsure ask your Line Manager.
- Work in partnership with HSEQ on any HSEQ matters.
- Work in accordance with your departmental HSEQ Service Level Agreement.
- Understand and adhere to the Safer Together behaviours.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and regulations within Proposals are maintained and regularly reviewed.
- Responsible for the reporting and correction of any non-conformity and any suggested improvement.
- Ensure that proposals and prequalification’s are compliance with Group HSEQ policies.
At Stork, we attach great value to the key competences of our employees. We expect you always give safety the highest priority and that you are strongly working together with others. You are a specialist in your area of expertise and you have a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
Specific Requirements for the Proposals Manager:
Education & Experience
- Degree qualified (preferred but not necessary) within an appropriate discipline and/or relevant equivalent demonstrable experience of working at a similar level.
Experience and Skills
- Commercial and relevant market experience is essential.
- Must know how to assess tender and prequalification’s deliverables and quantify tasks to deliver prequalification and tender deliverables.
- Familiarity of appropriate forms of contract is desirable.
- Strong people management & working within an extended team experience.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Competent in the drafting and scripting of proposals and prequalification’s.
- Competent in all aspects of pricing and cost modelling.
- Demonstrable English language competence & capability.
- General Sales & marketing experience.
- Ability to step up as required in situations of wider team management.
We understand that our people are key to achieving Storks ambition to be the Industry reference every day, everywhere and we are proud to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold standard in recognition of our strong employee engagement focus.
There are many great reasons to work at Stork –
In order to attract and retain skilled, competent and customer focused people we offer a competitive and extensive benefits package providing a suite of both contractual and voluntary benefits including access to corporate discounts. Employee benefits will depend on work location and role, however, may include life assurance, income protection, and private medical insurance.
In addition we recognize the importance of providing flexibility to our employees and offer a Flexi Friday working arrangement as well as the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Location: Dyce, Aberdeen
Hours: 40 hours
Working Arrangements: hybrid working is available, 3 days a week working in the office is the minimum requirement
COMPANY INFORMATION -
Stork, a Fluor company, is an expert provider of maintenance, modification and asset integrity services to the global oil and gas, chemicals and process, metals and mining, power, and manufacturing industries. We are dedicated to improving asset performance, safety and cost efficiency for our Clients throughout the complete asset life cycle.
With a team of 19,000 employees in over 100 countries, we serve more than 4,000 Clients across 6 continents.
Stork is dedicated to reducing risk, assuring safety and reducing environment impact through our award-winning value driven HSEQ platform; Safer together Whilst safety will always remain our core value, the platform not only communicates on Safety but also on Health, Environmental and Quality issues too. We are committed to our transparent, employee-led approach to HSEQ.
One Team, One Stork
As one Stork, we treat all people with dignity, respect each other’s perspective and share knowledge and resources to achieve excellence, deliver value and grow individually and collectively.
We are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the difference that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. Stork recognises that providing equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and promoting a culture of inclusion and flexibility to our employees is vital to our success.
From school leavers and university graduates to transitioning military veterans, we provide career opportunities with targeted development programmes.
Going above and beyond for our wider community
Stork is dedicated to ensuring we are a socially and environmentally responsible employer and undertake a range of activities to give back and support the communities in which we live and work – from various charity work to working with schools as part of Developing Young Workforce.
Are you the person we're looking for? We're looking forward to receiving your CV and motivation letter. For more information please contact the Recruiter on Careers@stork.com.