PROJECTS CLAIM ENGINEER – DIRECT HIRE CONTRACT – KAZAKHSTAN
Our Client, a Major international Oil and Gas contractor, is looking for a Projects Claim Engineer to work on a project based in Kazakhstan.
- Bachelor degree in Legal, Quantity Surveying or Supply chain with claims management field or Finance, Business administration or engineering supplemented with relevant CP experience.
- Professional member of claims or contract management institution.
- Overall experience of at least 10 years with oil and gas sector.
- A subject matter expert in claims management of major construction contracts with proven track record;
- Demonstrated expertise and experience within pre-award and post-award CP activities, and associated best practices;
- Experience in managing the commercial interface and negotiations between Company, Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Familiar with the diverse operational problems, issues and the complexities surrounding Project and Major Construction type Contracts within the Oil and Gas;
- Deep understanding of different contracting models, mastery in application of contracting principles, contracting / tendering approaches, contractual risk allocation, pricing / payment / incentive structures, and different Contract terms and conditions used across the oil and gas;
- Good knowledge with related areas: legal, taxation, insurance, project costing and planning
- Professional knowledge and experience of handling contract claims and range of contractual / commercial disputes, including negotiations with contractors / suppliers;
- Proactive and autonomous - ability to work without close supervision;
- Organizational skills and ability to simplify resolution for complex situations or issues at hand;
- Coaching, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong personality with ability to be firm and persuasive;
- Sensitive to customer requirements and customer focused.
Deliver high-value service to support Contract Holders and Contract Holder support teams in claims prevention as one of the measures to preserve value on Major Projects contracts.
The objective is to develop claims prevention actions and manage ongoing major claims on project contracts, support development and implementation of the claims prevention and claims management framework and tools for the ongoing and upcoming major projects managed by Project teams, including negotiations with contractors, coach and train CLIENT staff involved in the contract management activities.
- Provide support to Project teams in pre-award through sourcing and award process to ensure claims prevention principles and tools applied to deliver quality tender outcomes:
- Support preparation of contracting strategies, tender strategies, commercial sections of an ITT (pre-issue).
- Review and provide support to CP to develop robust pricing and payment structures and compensation schedules.
- Provide input into development of negotiations tactics and support of negotiations.
- Support and participate in kick off meetings, support and provide advice in preparation of robust Contract Management Plans which mitigate / manage identifiable post-award contract risks, coaching Contract Holders and Contract Holder support staff.
- Provide pro-active support to Project teams in claims prevention and post award contract management, including:
- Review incoming / outgoing correspondences to / from Contractors relating to actual or potential Disputed Variations and Claims and develop improvement actions for Contract Holders and CHSA.
- Provide recommendations and where required lead the evaluation and resolution of complex Disputed Variations, Commercial Disputes or Contractual Claims.
- Develop robust claims resolution strategies.
- Negotiate and resolve disputes and claims, where requested lead negotiations on behalf of Contract Holder and Contract Holder support adviser.
- Identify Company’s exposure to potential claims and disputes for planned and executed contracts, and propose actions to avoid, minimize and/or mitigate potential claims.
- Set up and manage Project claims registers and provide required reporting.
- Support Project teams to manage and resolve complex contractual and commercial issues that may arise during the full life cycle of contracting or procurement activities.
- Work in liaison with CLIENT CP claims team to align with the CLIENT practices and ways of working
- Support Legal during formal dispute resolution process (mediation, arbitration or litigation).
- Provide support for required claims register reporting for Project and monitoring of all reported claims until final resolution.
- Support review of recommendations for existing CP contract management procedures and processes to ensure proper value protection, claims prevention and claims management.
- Performs the duties in an ethical manner and in compliance to the internal CLIENT procedures and latest business and industry practices for contract management, variations and claims.
- Support the development of key Post award competencies across Project, including professional input into development of tools, templates, and training, provide hands-on coaching, guidance and support on contracting and commercial issues to the pool of Contract Holder Support Advisers and Contract Holders
- In reporting to Head of Contract Holders support perform additional duties as may be requested by the Head and Business Services Manager of Project.
- Engagement in the turnaround of process equipment, as well as in pre-turnaround and post-turnaround activities at any site location of the Company’s facilities (further - Turnaround);
- Execution of Turnaround works, during Turnaround period, at any site location of the Company’s facility as instructed (whether in oral or written form) by the persons responsible for Turnaround and in accordance with the Schedule approved by Company;
- Compliance with HSSE standards and Quality Control procedures while executing Turnaround works;
- Complete, proper and timely execution of tasks assigned by the persons responsible for Turnaround;
- Any circumstances that slow down or prevent assigned tasks to be completed properly and within the time specified in the Company Schedule shall be immediately reported to the persons responsible for Turnaround.
Rate: US$ negotiable per worked day net of Kazakh tax
Duration: 1 year renewable contract
Status: Single status Residential basis working 5 days a week, 8 hours per day.
Benefits: Client pays medical insurance/medical evacuation, Accommodation (single status standard). 32 work days of annual leave (unpaid) and 2 paid home leave return flights per residential assignment year.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification.