PROJECT MANAGER (DEFINE STAGE PREPARATION) – DIRECT HIRE CONTRACT – KAZAKHSTAN
Our Client, a Major international Oil and Gas contractor, is looking for a Project Manager (Define Stage Preparation) to work on a project based in Kazakhstan.
- 15+ years’ experience in the petroleum industry with substantial (10+ years) oil & gas project management experience.
- University degree in an area such as engineering or project management and a recognised professional qualification.
- Relevant business and planning experience in offshore, onshore and arctic environments.
- Demonstrable HSSE leadership and HSSE performance delivery.
- Passion for competency development, mentoring and local content/nationalization.
- Commercial and contractual acumen: shaping execution & contracting strategies and post award contract experience (contract management, claim mitigation negotiation, contract close out).
- Experience of driving business improvement in projects.
- Skill pool management experience.
- Proven ability to lead multidisciplinary, multi-cultural teams in all stages of project development.
- Integrity, leadership and management, strong interpersonal, diplomatic, supervisory skills.
- Ability to drive team members to high performance; committed to coaching and mentoring and motivating others to be successful.
- Strong creativity and innovation: Incumbent is required to deliver multiple projects with different priorities and therefore must seek out the most efficient project delivery method.
- Able to align different internal and external stakeholders at different levels and parts of the organisation to facilitate project delivery.
- Personally resilient, flexible, self-confident, and assertive, especially in dealing with contractors.
- An energetic person with drive and stamina who is solution-oriented, customer-focused and who can deal with a multitude of challenging interfaces.
- Well proven interpersonal & communication skills, with the ability to present project status, risks, issues and required decisions to internal and external (including government agencies) parties.
- Ability to manage multiple discipline functions and quickly establish relationships with practitioners to ensure project execution processes and standards are consistently applied.
- Result oriented, problem solving.
- Identify the critical issues quickly, acknowledges strengths and gaps in a study.
- Change management, facilitates implementation of changes within the Project team (organization or SOW).
- Set and manage the post direction for smart and ambitious project execution strategy and front end execution plans to deliver the project as per schedule and budget. Develop and own the Project Contracting and Procurement Strategy, Construction Permitting Strategy and Land Acquisition Strategy.
- Accountable for managing and delivery on Safety, Quality, Cost and Schedule Performance.
- As the Project Technical Authority (TA1) efficiently run the Define stage preparation and project delivery teams to meet the long, mid-term and day-to-day objectives, manage the group interfaces with external and internal parties.
- Manage and influence the contracting community involved in the Design, Procurement, Fabrication Construction and pre-Commissioning activities of the project and be the contract holder for the FEED and subsequent EPCs and other Contracts. Manage a preparation and conduction of FEED tender
- Team Building and Leadership
- Ensure compliance with Project HSSE assurance requirements and audits in line with project assurance processes and building an HSSE culture to achieve Goal Zero
- Lead the Define Stage Preparation Division staffing process
- Make recommendations to General Project Manager for appointment of a staff to the Define Stage Preparation Division
- Career and competency development of staff in the Define Stage Preparation Division following CLIENT’s Competence Development Framework
- Ensure delivery of resources plan and organization for the Define and Execute stages
- Technical Management
- Ensure the Pre-FEED study works provide all necessary information going into the Define stage
- Ensure delivery of FEED technical scope of work with all discipline inputs and obtain agreement from required Technical Assurance authorities
- Manage providing a technical input and definition to cost estimating for FEED planning; including assisting in budgeting, cost control and planning processes for development, revision and monitoring of multiyear and annual work programs and budgets: cost/schedule analysis and reporting
- Ensure that all lessons learnt and experience gained in previous studies are capitalised on; including all findings from Pacesetter IPA review are captured
- Ensure timely organization of activities related to FEED tender: FEED contracting strategy workshop; FEED contracting strategy paper; FEED scope and CTR catalogue; FEED ITT package; FEED tender strategy paper and its approval by MCB and Technical Group of Authority (TGA deals with review and endorsement of major contract and tender strategies, major contract tender evaluations and awards); tender evaluations and approvals by MCB, TGA, CoV’s and the Authority; FEED readiness review
- Ensure timely organization of activities related to project execution: constructability review and workshops; project execution review and workshops; project logistics review and workshops
- Ensure development of Pre-FEED stage deliverables related to project execution (logistics, execution etc.) and provide a support for IPR reviews and the preparation of the relevant Decision Support Package
- Lead logistics and execution studies to ensure all engineering aspects are covered to minimize entire project delivery risks
- Deliver logistics and execution deliverables for IPR’s at enough details to defend project cost and schedule, including offshore construction, onshore construction, modules/skids delivery from outside Caspian Sea, as well as all pre-commissioning support for all facilities
- Coordinate functionally the Technical Service Agreements placed for the project with some CoV’s (part time support for various technical directions) for any other relevant directions: constructability, execution planning, execution logistics, EPC contractors capability surveys etc.
- Accountable for long term asset integrity with a focus on the Technical Integrity aspects (design and construct) and delivery in line with CLIENT project management process
- Define key execution plans for the project (e.g. major execution/contracting plans, local content plans, etc.)
- Manage multi-disciplined contractors in the Pre-FEED, Define and Execute stages, establish relationships with
- Contractor senior leadership to create an environment delivering HSSE, quality, cost and production performance.
- Implement systems/structure and an overall Project Execution Plan (and associated assurance activities) to ensure that project execution progresses smoothly during the Pre-FEED, Define and Execute stages o. Accountable for delivering LLI procurement
- Accountable for EPC ITT, Tender evaluation and EPC Contract Packages for entire scope of the project, except rigs and wells
- Provide support to other project managers tasked with delivering specific functions within the project: resource management, assurance reviews & continuous project assurance activities, ad-hoc interventions
- Drive the broadening of the contracting community and drive the capability improvement of local contractors servicing the project
- Ensure efficient interface coordination and close cooperation between the Define Stage Preparation Division and
CLIENT functional directorates
- Ensure close engagement with Production Operations Directorate for smooth project to asset handover (facilities and information)
- Drive construction performance and quality through fabrication, installation, hook up and commissioning
- Accountable for the Risk and Opportunity Management for the project
- Surface Facilities Planning Manager with overall technical interface management
- Subsurface Development Planning Manager with preparation of DP&DB
- Project Services Manager with an update of cost estimates and execution planning
- Other managers and team leads as required in preparation of detailed written reports and slides, presentations, technical support in discussions with authorities, etc. as required
Rate: US$665 per worked day net of Kazakh tax
Duration: 1 year with possible extensions
Status: Single status Residential basis working 5 days a week, 8 hours per day.
Benefits: Client pays medical insurance/medical evacuation, Accommodation (single status standard). 50 work days of annual leave (unpaid) and 3 paid home leave return flights per residential assignment year (1st trip after 3 months of work).
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification.