SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
The PPM (Project Procurement Manager) is responsible for the Procurement of Equipment, Services and Materials to be issued to Fabrication yards. The PPM will supervise the Project Procurement Team and ensure that all procured equipment and materials are delivered on site, on time, within budget and that quality is controlled as per the project inspection plans. The PPM organizes and coordinates activities of Package Buyers, Expeditors, Logistics Coordinators, Inspection Coordinators and Vendor Document Controller.
The PPM will:
- Establish a comprehensive project resource and mobilization plan
- Produce a project procurement plan
- Attend all Project Progress Meetings in order to identify the scope of procurement services required for the project and anticipate potential revisions
- Review and approve purchase requisitions
- Ensure the Purchase Orders are issued in compliance with Project schedule and budget (or target)
- Liaise with the Supply Chain Manager and Procurement Services Manager to select project procurement strategies
- Assure that changing market conditions are assessed, analyzed and communicated so that market opportunities may be realized
- Investigate opportunities to consolidate corporate equipment / material requirements and coordinate with relevant SBM Offshore subsidiaries.
In addition, the PPM will compile project bidders list from Corporate Supplier Database or Client Approved Vendor List;
- Manage purchasing package documentation RFQ’s, PR’s, etc.
- Manage vendor bid evaluations and vendor selection process Ensure all relevant QA & HSE, Project and
- Corporate Procedures related to procurement activities are understood and enforced by the entire Procurement Team
- Ensure that QA has approved potential vendors throughout procurement process of project; define RFQ packages and assign Project Buyers
- Monitor progress, forecast delivery and forwarding dates
- Monitor project procurement expenditure and cost forecast and provide management with comprehensive procurement reports
- Manage and resolve contractual issues
- Management purchase order contract files including correspondence
- May act as Project Buyer for major equipment packages deemed “Critical” and or deemed “High Value” if required
- Ensure potential suppliers for equipment and materials are approved by the project
- Provide a section for the Final Project Report covering procurement and vendor assessments upon completion of the project
- Oversee set-up and maintenance of the Procurement Database (NADIA).
SBM Schiedam is looking for applicants with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field of Engineering or Business Administration and a minimum of 8 years of experience as a Lead Buyer or PPM with an Oil and Gas or EPC company. This experience should include team lead, management, or supervisory experience. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep procurement experience in the offshore, marine or petrochemical industry. International travel may be required
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer you a job with a high level of diverse tasks and responsibilities in an international company that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and challenging opportunities for growth.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.