PLEASE Only apply if you have the required skills - CIS national, have a minimum of 10 years in mining production - fluent in the Russian language
A leading diversified natural resources group with a strong background in integrated mining, processing, energy, logistics, and marketing operations seeks a Project Manager tasked with the objective to manage their increasing ore production in Khromtau. Important Chromium deposits are in Khromtau, which are currently exploited by the Group in underground mines. This is a senior level role reporting to the CEO and having 5-6 reports. Applicants are invited who are a CIS national, have a minimum of 10 years in mining production, with at least 3 years in senior project management roles. You must be fluent in the Russian language. The role offers a one year contract with strong potential for extension. Working at the ore plant, 5 days a week, the role offers a highly competitive salary package.
The Group operate globally and has strong operations in 15+ Countries with 20+ years’ operating in Kazakhstan. They are a leading high-carbon ferrochrome producer by chrome content and one of the largest producers of alumina and iron ore products in Eurasia. They are the main producer of high-grade aluminium and among the principal copper and cobalt producers in Kazakhstan. They are a major player in the metals and mining industry in Kazakhstan and continue with their commitment to expand in these sectors.
They are truly a diverse group with operations extending to being a major power supplier and a large railway operator.
Your employment and on-boarding logistics will be facilitated by a local Manpower Company. They will organise Visa’s, flights and accommodation, assist with schooling, supply medical and other benefits for you and your family.
Reporting to the CEO, this role encompasses many responsibilities including:
- Become knowledgeable of the Company’s underground Chromium mining business in Kazakhstan.
- Work closely with colleagues across all aspects of the ore plant.
- Take overall responsibility for all aspects of the project – from resourcing, time management, budgets, risk assessment and monitoring and control
- You will have 5-6 subordinate – manage their time and deliverables effectively.
- Devise and implement robust project management plans that deliver KPI’s, within budget and timeframes.
- Strive to develop and execute best practices.
- Monitor the implementation of plans – ensure that KPI’s are set, understood, monitored, controlled and reported on.
- Develop planning methodologies, policies and standards and ensure that all project team members are clearly informed of these policies and standards, that they are disseminated effectively and adhered to.
- Manage the Resource plan for the project – ensure team players have the skills required as needed.
- Lead by example – champion good practice, organise and motivate your subordinate – take control whilst empowering and encourage development of responsibilities.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, practices, processes, regulations pertaining to underground mining.
- Be proactive in sharing best practices and knowledge across your project teams.
- Build good working relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
Package: This is a senior level role and as such an attractive remuneration package is on offer dependent on skills and experience. Plus flights, accommodation, medical, schooling if required. This is a one year contract initially but with a strong potential for extension.