US, Denver | Management | Full-Time | ID: 8513
The Denver Tools Center is in the process of growing a strong team in the support of tooling for the construction sites in the installation of wind turbines in North, Central, and South America. This Facility Project Manager will become part of a global team, for a world leader in wind energy. Are you a team player who enjoys working with people from different departments? Are you able to build relationships based on trust and respect? If your answer to these questions is ‘yes,’ we want you to apply to this position!
Global Construction Management / Global Tools / Tools Region NCSA
The Denver Tools Center provides construction tools for the installation and servicing of Vestas wind turbines. These heavy machinery tools provide safe and quality lifting of wind turbine components at the construction sites in North, Central and South America. These installations sites are at the forefront in providing Vestas to be the world leader in wind energy. This Project Manager will be responsible for the development of the layout and drawings for a new state of the art construction tools warehouse facility and other relocation projects. This tool center is to have automated and standard warehousing features with an integrated repair facility and office space.
- Manage all phases of projects, including project set-up, design and construction.
- Administration of contracts from inception through project completion.
- Organize and coordinate projects with all involved parties, including stakeholders, architects, engineers, subcontractors and tenants.
- Create and communicate clear and attainable project goals and project requirements
- Coordinate project budgets, and set-up with sub-contractors, vendors and consultants.
- Organize schedules, including preparation of detailed short-term schedules and ensuring all activities take place on or ahead of scheduled dates.
- Track financial performance of projects.
- Coordinate bidding, award process and handling contracts.
- Prepare budgets and schedules for projects while adhering to related annual construction budgets.
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of Project Contracts, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
- Proficient in the construction process, safety procedures, construction materials and methods. Ensures site compliance regarding safety and environmental requirements.
- Solicits bids from consultants and contractors, for site work, utility connections, construction, landscaping/irrigation, paving, etc.
- Other project tasks as may be assigned
- Monitor contractor performance; insure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements
- Coordinate logistics of moving people during new facility transition, parking logistics during parking area construction (off-site and on-site accommodations, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in facility warehousing/distribution center/or production building development or other projects in a production environment
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- History with integrating automated warehousing is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of stock control, inventory management practices and procedures.
- SAP or other Warehouse Management Systems experience.
- Minimum 5 years relevant project management experience in industrial/manufacturing construction and renovations.
- Experience in projects related to manufacturing or production operations, knowledge of infrastructure utilities (electric, mechanical, gases, cleanrooms, etc.).
- Sense of urgency and the ability to plan around ongoing production and R&D needs.
- Professional MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and MS Project skills required (or equivalent scheduling system)
- Working Knowledge of OSHA Construction Industry Regulations, as well as best practices in safety.
- Proficient in the project management processes, safety procedures, construction materials and methods, read and understand blueprints
- Must possess professional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all level of associates, vendors, contractors, consultants and clients
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Denver, CO
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.