Main function of the job:
- Co-ordination of all project costs, their predictions, monitoring and reporting
- Provide Cost estimating support services for the projects related to Oil and Gas
- Budget values to complete the work
- Project Input for the corporate budget cycle and project reports and performance reviews
- Generate cost estimates using various data's, in-house estimating manuals and support project and contract engineers with the provision of comparative estimates using BOQ, SOR system for evaluating contractor's claims I variations or change orders
Duties & responsibilities:-
- Responsible for cost analysis, cost controls and reporting activities for Capital and non-Capital projects.
- Provide input and recommendations for cost engineering requirements relative to staffing, project controls, and preparing and analyzing comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between the project forecasts and the budgets.
- Organize, monitor and control project costs and will define project needs for cost control in accordance with contractual requirements, objectives, and Company procedures.
- Ensure that all project commitments are accurately reported and will maintain updated final project forecasts and expenditure forecasts.
- Proactively advise management when forecasted costs exceed the approved budget and recommend corrective actions.
- Candidate must be able to use statistical tools to analyze costs metrics and perform risk analysis.
- Analvze contractors' cost reports and extract required data for management reporting.
- Prepare and report cost engineering information on a monthly basis and when required for management.
- Ensure that cost reporting for each contract meets with contract requirements and that ongoing analysis is being made to track recovery against costs and highlight and resolve any associated issues
- Provide commercial support to COMPANY's Project services Team in the preparation of annual budgets and business plans.
- Verifying of invoices and claims from Contractors & to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Preparation of Monthly Progress Payment Reports.
- Provides all cost engineering expertise and coordinates activities as group/unit leader as required in preparation of cost portion of the engineering, procurement and construction contracts.
Qualification & Experience
- Education: BSc Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training .
- Experience: Minimum of 12 Year’s experience in Quantity Surveying/ cost estimating in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- The successful candidate requires extensive experience in the Cost Engineering according to AACE methods & standards
- Understand the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules .
- Knowledge and experience with schedule of Rates system like BOQ, SOR system and estimating Database-Richardson .
- Provide an Independent up-to-date forecast on estimated costs to completion, using commitment date and historic cost knowledge.
- Maintain a complete and up to date commitment control system.
- Knowledge in adopting and working in the ERP system
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office software, SAP, COSTOS and MS Project).