Open To: EU Nationals or UK Work Permit Holders
Job Overview: A independent oil and gas Company, seeks a Production Data Analyst to provide a wide range of technical support to the London Geoscience and Exploration teams. Your primary responsibility will be to administrate the Production database and applications, to develop dashboard, scripts, and applications to help automate the current workflow. Applicants are invited with SQL and Python coding and a good understanding of data management. Oil and Gas Production data is desired but the key is the coding skills with the desire to develop and progress in your career, building data tools to support Company expansion. The Company is open to applications from junior (even those still at university) to senior level candidates. This is a permanent office-based role in central London.
The Company founded many decades ago, is involved in the entire life cycle of projects, from exploration to decommissioning. They operate in excess of 3000 wells across 14 subsidiaries Onshore and Offshore in Asia, Europe, Central Africa, the Mediterranean and Latin America. They have been highly successful in drilling 80 new wells per year and in their acquisitions of new assets.
The London office Data Management Team manages all of the production data for the Company’s global assets. This data comes from their subsidiaries across 15 countries and also from new acquisitions.
The Company operate an Intranet at present but have plans to transition to cloud based services under MS Azure. This role will be instrumental in designing and delivering the workflow for this transition.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Build good working relations with your peers across the geoscience and exploration teams.
• Work as part of an inhouse data management and application support team supporting the geosciences department.
• Undertake the administration and handling of Production data and projects, operations data warehousing, reporting (i.e. day to day operational reporting) and analytics (e.g. looking for anomalies in the data etc.)
• Take responsible for the accuracy of the critical production database of the group.
• Build automated workflows for data – with your coding skills, you will build dashboards for day-to-day operational reporting and analysis of production data.
• Liaise with the geoscience managers, business partners, services companies to coordinate the acquisition of complete data sets. The Company is constantly looking at acquisition opportunities.
• Assist the business by loading the data they need to perform their duties and by offering them the appropriate level application support.
• Review and repair existing projects and databases.
• Support the conversion of acquisitions data to company’s format/standards by accurately briefing the providers of our requirements and thoroughly spot-checking the data conversions performed by the providers
• Support of the Company’s intranet data reporting and management systems.
• Become a key player in the management of the “Record Management System” (Geoscience and Production Data). This is a Meta Data store at present; however, the Company is planning to transition and with your coding background you will be instrumental in building a new system under Ms Azure.
• Support of the Company’s intranet data reporting and management systems
• Become a go-to-person for queries regarding production data requirements.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in maths, sciences, or database/programming/engineering discipline preferred.
• Strong SQL Database and Python Coding skills essential. This can be self- taught, from academia or on the job learning.
• Experience with Azure SQL, Microsoft applications highly desired.
• Knowledge of project data management, data clean-up, quality control and data loading essential. Knowledge of oil and gas production data advantageous.
• Highly innovative – as the Company expands and transitions to cloud, you will be instrumental in supporting this transition.
• Attention to details and careful approach to work essential.
• Team player: a big part of the geoscience team’s work depends on the quality of the data entry performed.
• Previous Operator experience highly desired
• Previous experience in a technical support or data management role desired
• Other programming languages and tool (Golang, Apache AirFlow, Power BI, Jupyter Notebboks, Excel,…) desired
• Previous experience developing dashboards highly desired (e.g. using PowerBI, Spotfire…)
• General knowledge within the subsurface domain (Geology, Geophysics, Reservoir Engineering, Petrophysics, Wells etc.) desired.
• Excellent communication skills essential – can communicate technical matters (reporting and analysis) coherently and succinctly to all stakeholders
• Package: A Base Salary of £36K - £50K is on offer depending on skills and experience. Plus a comprehensive Operator benefits package including, potential bonus up to 20%, attractive Pension, Medical, 25 days holiday….
PS. Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.