We are SLB, driving energy innovation for a balanced plant. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle and other energy sectors, in over 120 countries; we design, develop, and deliver technology and services that transform how work is done.
We define the boundaries of the industries in which we work by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We are looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop new solutions and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
We are seeking a Production Chemist Manager to manage all laboratory activities related to the development and testing of scale inhibitors across all application types, from reservoir to topside including allocation and completion of work, the effective management of staff and resources in liaison with the Management Team. The position will report to the Global Technical Services Manager reporting line of Production Systems, Midstream Production Systems, Production Chemistry.
Direct reports will be the Scale Laboratory team who are based in the Production Chemistry HQ Laboratory in Aberdeen. The successful applicant will Interact with R&D Manager, Global Sales and Commercial Team, Technical Services Personnel, Operational Personnel, Supply Chain Personnel and QHSE Personnel. This role will involve travelling to various sites across the world for conferences, presentations and meetings with the Leadership team
Responsibilities and Duties
- Laboratory testing (including core flood) of oilfield scale inhibitors using industry standard test methods
- Development and qualification of new scale inhibitors
- Development of new test methods
- Recommendations on correct test methodology and product solutions for projects
- Assists with authoring of oilfield production chemical tenders
- Resource management
- Stock control
- Rolling maintenance
- Training and Development
- People management
- Innovation and creativity
- Planning / Prioritising
- Internal and external client presentations
- Publications at relevant industry conferences
- Establishes visibility in with customers, industry and professional societies
- Qualification of EOR chemicals, Geothermal applications, sand consolidation chemicals of scale dissolution chemicals is beneficial but not a necessity
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Geochemistry or other relevant Scientific Discipline
- Minimum 7 years with an oilfield chemical provider and / or independent chemical testing laboratory
- High degree of competency with industry standard laboratory techniques used in the evaluation and qualification of scale inhibitors for oilfield application
- Experienced user of scale prediction modelling software and near-wellbore scale squeeze design software
SLB is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.