We have a world-leader in the Energy sector that is building their India based Buyer & Procurement teams to support local & national Oil & Gas and Energy projects.
Based in their Chennai Engineering HQ they are looking to recruit an experienced team of Buyer & procurement professionals that can assist with Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Instrumentation & Controls and Piping related sourcing, purchasing & procurement activities.
The Procurement Manager will form an integral part of the procurement function in the achievement of operational objectives at project level. With a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management mainly in Electrical, Mechanical and Instrumentation.
· The Procurement Manager will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations, and implementing changes. The role is key to leading the project forward in securing quality suppliers of materials and equipment covering price, delivery, and quality targets.
· To be a proactive member of the procurement team, contributing to the overall development of the function as directed by Management. To be responsible for cost billing and monitoring of costs. To assist in implementing, reviewing and continually improving the department’s system, policies, and procedures.
· Making and supporting to develop purchase orders as per company standard & specification.
· Maintain all necessary purchase records.
· Coordination with Finance and Project Control team to develop cash flow & cost control sheets.
· Coordination & support to Contracts department to ensure all venders and suppliers contracts are in place correctly as per agreed payment terms and conditions and accordance with company standards and polices.
· Supporting project team for raising materials request.
· Ensure materials and equipment are procured at the most competitive price and delivered to the project on time for installation.
· Identify new vendors, agree terms and conditions, and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
· Ensure rigorous concurrent interface between other functions on the project.
· Continually improve procurement methods to drive down external spend.
· Management and the distribution of all the company’s procurement documentation.
· Ongoing monitoring and reporting of the function’s progress, including responsibility for setting and controlling targets and objectives and providing regular reports on progress to other members of the Senior Management team.
· Management and monthly monitoring of the function overhead budget.
· Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
· Attend all pre-bid meetings and coordinate all project requirements with the project bidders.
· Ensure procurement files are complete and accurate and are in full compliance with group procedures.
· Prepare reports for Senior Management.
· Degree/ Professionally Qualified
· Minimum of 10+ Years’ experience
· Oil & Gas experience
· Multiple discipline procurement experience