Job Title: Processing Advisor – Full waveform inversion applications
The candidate will have extensive seismic processing experience with full waveform inversion algorithms, together with seismic imaging & related algorithms, and various relevant Geophysical technologies. Candidate will interpret, evaluate various seismic data to determine the technologies to apply in imaging. Candidate should have a proven track record in the oil and gas industry having vast knowledge and experience working with various regions. Depends on candidate’s qualifications and experiences, this opening is also available at other levels: Processing Specialist, Sr. Processing Specialist, Processing Advisor and Sr. Processing Advisor.
- Fully understanding of full waveform inversion and handles on experience on applying full waveform inversion technologies to real datasets.
- Independent capability to processing real datasets specially for full waveform inversion applications.
- Solid understanding of seismic imaging or related technologies.
- Experienced knowledge of geological analysis.
- Will need to utilize creative, innovative approaches to maximize the accuracy and efficiency of geophysical technologies.
- Mentor and train colleagues, applying solid knowledge of geophysical disciplines to various projects.
- Preparing consolidate technical reports for management and other parties as required.
- Collaborates well with other employees.
- Ensures timely and technically competent completion of work within budget limitations.
- Promotes the company health safety and environmental policies, procedures, regulations and objectives.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge in seismic propagation, numerical simulation, seismic imaging, seismic inversion, and related research topics.
- Familiar with Linux and high-performance computing systems.
- Ability to do present technical topics to peers and management.
- Promote industry best practices and work safety.
- Must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Effective communication, problem-solving and teamwork.
- Strong project management skills.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- Must have a Master Degree or Doctor Degree in Geophysics, mathematics, physics, computer science or related Geophysical subjects; from an accredited school.
- Must have 5+ years industry related experience working in the Oil & Gas industry as a geophysicist.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Must have a valid work-permit in USA
Disclaimers: The foregoing statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of this role and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position. The specifics of this job description will be updated from time to time, as appropriate and required.
STHC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at 1-832-831-1200.
Apply directly to this job posting by visiting our website: www.sinopecthc.com
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Sinopec Tech Houston, LLC. (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
Department: Exploration and Production
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sinopec Tech Houston
Share this job